In this article, we will talk about multiple methods to connect PST to Office 365. Here, we will discuss manual solution using MS Outlook and an automated tool for faster execution. So, read both the methods carefully and choose the methods that best suit your needs.
What’s the Need of Connecting PST File to Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is the most prominent and secured collaborative suite used by business organizations. It is managed and organized by the administrator. Most of the administrators have huge stacks for PST files saved as a backup of an employee’s database that left the organizations.
Leaving all these PST files in the system can be too messy, not to mention that it’s quite impossible to determine which PST file belongs to which employee. And, keeping orphan PST files is not a good approach, due to security risks.
So, to manage and secure all the PST files stored in the system, the administrator requires to connect PST to Office 365 account. The account can either be it’s own or a specific account to store the backup PST file of each user who left the organization.
How to Connect Outlook PST to Office 365?
- At first, open the Control Panel and click on the Mail option.
- Then, click on the Email Accounts button and click on the New option.
- Choose the Manual setup or additional server types, option then click on the Next button.
- Next, click on the radio button next to Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service, press the Next button.
- Now, enter the following information:
- • Server: outlook.office365.com
- • User Name: CULoginName
- After finishing the process, click on the More Settings option.
- Next, click on the Security tab.
- In this step, you need to manage the following settings that are given below
- You need to uncheck the option next to Encrypt data between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange
- Click on the Logon network security drop-down menu and select the Anonymous Authentication.
- Go to the Connection tab, click on the checkbox next to Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP, & then click Exchange Proxy Settings button.
- Now, you need to enter the outlook.office365.com.
- Check the only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name on their certificate, and then enter msstd: outlook.com in the associated text field.
- Now, enter the following settings:
- • Click on the checkbox next to On fast network, connect using HTTP first then connect using TCP/IP option.
- • Go to the use this authentication when connecting to my proxy server for Exchange drop-down menu, select the Basic Authentication and click on the OK button.
- Again press on the OK button then enter the server name and username and click on the Check Name option.
- An authentication prompt will appear. Enter your username and password in the related fields, and then click on the OK button.
- Now, click on the Next button to proceed further.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to set up your Outlook account in Office 365 successfully.
Connect Multiple PST Files to Office 365 Account
SysTools Office 365 PST Import tool is a method to connect PST to Office 365 without MS Outlook installation. This software is capable to move all data from PST file directly into Office 365 account without any hassle.
Apart from this, there are also many advanced features offered by this amazing software like date filter for selective migration, include folder for specific data migration, etc. It maintains the folder hierarchy and structure in Office 365 account same as in PST file.
Also, it provides an incremental import option after the first attempt that allows users to start the migration in next step from where they stop the process. This option saves a lot of space and avoids duplicates items in Office 365 account.
Let’s have a look at the working procedure with this tool:
- First of all, run this software and log in your Office 365 account.
- Then, add either the single or multiple PST files to the tool.
- Now, choose the Category and apply date filter option.
- Finally, click on the Import button to connect PST file to Office 365 account.
Time to Wrap Up
There could be many reasons due to which users want to access their PST file information in Office 365. After understanding the need of users, we have come up with a solution to easily connect PST to Office 365 account. However, if users are not able to perform the long and complex manual procedure, they can try the aforementioned tool for best feature and experience.