Microsoft Outlook is the most prominent and secured email client used by business users. It is a desktop based application that stores all data in PST format locally. Many times users need to travel from one location to another location. So, it becomes quite difficult for them to access the PST file. Thus, users want to configure their Outlook account in Office 365 so that they can easily use their crucial information from Outlook anywhere or at any time. But, they do not know how to connect PST to Office 365. Hence, in this article, we have covered the all possible solution to configure MS Outlook to Office 365 account. Keep reading to know the solutions.
Suggestion: If you want to import PST file to Office 365 then, use a professional approach i.e., Office 365 Import tool.
How to Connect Outlook PST to Office 365?
- At first, open the Control Panel and click on the Mail option.
- Then, click on the Email Accounts button and click on the New option.
- Choose the Manual setup or additional server types, option then click on the Next button.
- Next, click on the radio button next to Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service, press the Next button.
- Now, enter the following information:
- • Server: outlook.office365.com
- • User Name: CULoginName
- After finishing the process, click on the More Settings option.
- Next, click on the Security tab.
- In this step, you need to manage the following settings that are given below
- • You need to uncheck the option next to Encrypt data between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange
- • Click on the Logon network security drop-down menu and select the Anonymous Authentication.
- Go to the Connection tab, click on the checkbox next to Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP, & then click Exchange Proxy Settings button.
- Now, you need to enter the outlook.office365.com.
- Check the only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name on their certificate, and then enter msstd: outlook.com in the associated text field.
- Now, enter the following settings:
- • Click on the checkbox next to On fast network, connect using HTTP first then connect using TCP/IP option.
- • Go to the use this authentication when connecting to my proxy server for Exchange drop-down menu, select the Basic Authentication and click on the OK button.
- Again press on the OK button then enter the server name and username and click on the Check Name option.
- An authentication prompt will appear. Enter your username and password in the related fields, and then click on the OK button.
- Now, click on the Next button to proceed further.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to set up your Outlook account in Office 365 successfully.
Alternate Method to Connect PST to Office 365
Using SysTools Office 365 Import tool is an alternate method to access Outlook PST file in Office 365. This software is capable to migrate all data from Outlook to Office 365 without any hassle. Apart from this, there are also many advanced features offered by this amazing software like date filter for selective migration, include folder for specific data migration, etc. It maintains the folder hierarchy and structure in Office 365 account same as the Outlook account. Also, it provides an incremental import option after the first attempt that allows users to start the migration in next step from where they stop the process. This option saves a lot of space and avoids duplicates items in Office 365 account. Let’s have a look at the working procedure with this tool.
- First of all, run this software and log in your Office 365 account.
- Then, add either the single or multiple PST files to the tool.
- Now, choose the Category and apply date filter option.
- Finally, click on the Import button to add PST file to Office 365 account.
Time to Wrap Up
There are many reasons due to which users want to access their Outlook information in Office 365. For this, they need to connect PST to Office 365 account. After understanding the need of users, we have come up with a solution that can easily configure Outlook account in Office 365. But, if users are not able to perform the long and complex manual procedure, they can try an alternative SysTools Office 365 Import tool.