Backup Hotmail Emails – 100% Satisfactory & Correct Results
Why do you think there is a need to backup Hotmail emails?
Mostly users think that data safety from virus attacks is the main reason for creating backup of their emails.
But that is not the only reason. There are several reasons that are not known by many people.
Today, we will be explaining those reasons, and the solution that can help you take backup of your data.
Since downloading data is a query faced by a lot of users, we have made it easier for every technical or non-technical users to save emails from Hotmail.
It’s a fact that the data stored on cloud is secure but the point is, is it fully protected?
You can never be sure with your data protection as there are only so many things that can go wrong and lead to data-loss or corruption.
It is difficult for you to avoid virus attacks, hacking, etc. on your end. However, what you can do is keep the data someplace safe as a backup as second layer of protection.
Now, let’s check out how you can save the data.
One-Stop Solution to Backup Hotmail Emails
You may find various solutions to download your data, multiple tools, but are they safe? Are they recommended by experts?
The solution that we have here is an expert-recommendation which can be used for the best results.
It is the SysTools Hotmail Backup Software which has the capability to download all the emails on user’s desired location in multiple file formats.
Using the software and the impeccable features that it offers, users can easily perform the migration for selective emails as well.
About the features to save emails from Hotmail, we have explained the features in the section after the step-guide.
Let’s find out how the tool operates.
Step-Guide of the Utility to Download Emails in Bulk
1. After downloading the tool, run it and fill in the details for your Hotmail account to Login.
2. Select the format that you want to export your files in and hit the Browse button to set a destination.
3. Click on the Delete after Download tab and hit the Yes button when prompted for saving mailbox storage after you backup Hotmail emails.
4. Go to the Apply Filter option to use the Date-Filter offered for selective email transfer.
5. Now, to complete the procedure, press the Start button and wait for the data to download.
After a few seconds or minutes, at most, the data will be exported easily at your desired location.
Now, you must be wondering what these features are that we were talking about before.
Well, let’s take a quick look at them and see how they help.
Impeccable Features of the Tool to Save Emails from Hotmail
- Offers several export type options like PST, EML, MSG, PDF, & MBOX.
- Apply Date-Filter to set a time-zone for selective data transfer.
- Select the folders to export emails from using Category-filter.
- Helps to preserve the folder structure via Maintain Folder Hierarchy.
- Allows Incremental Backup to export only newly arrived emails.
- Facilitates backing up emails from Single as well as Multiple accounts.
- Delete after Download function to free up storage space in mailbox.
- Provides Naming Convention option with different naming patterns.
- Works on Windows OS 10, 8, 7 (32/64 bit) & Windows Server 2016, 2012R2, 2008
What Are the Reasons to Backup Hotmail Emails?
The main reason for which you should take a backup of your emails is to avoid data-loss. There are other reasons too that should be known by every user having data stored on the cloud.
Following are the major ones:
Hacking: There are a lot of hackers that try to get into your account and steal or delete your data files. This can cause a lot of trouble if the data is deleted permanently.
Virus Attacks: It is important to save emails from Hotmail because some emails from unknown users contain links that leave a virus in the user’s computer. Clicking on such links can cause data corruption which is difficult to fix.
Ransomware Attacks: There are some types of ransomware attacks that encrypt the emails that the user has in the mailbox. The attackers ask for ransom in return of freeing the emails leading to delay in the user’s productivity and work.
Accidental Deletion: Some of the users might need to backup Hotmail emails due to accidentally deleting their data. Those who have a habit of clearing the useless emails may remove important emails by mistake and then stress over how to get them back.
Second Layer of Protection: It is always a wise choice to download your data for safety and keep a second layer of protection for satisfaction. Creating a backup of the data promises safety and this protection layer gives security.
Now, let’s see if there is any manual method to download the data.
Manual Method to Save Emails from Hotmail
There is a manual method that you can use to download the data, but it is a little complicated. You cannot directly save the files from your Hotmail account.
For that, you will have to first configure your Hotmail account with Outlook application to make use of it.
Synchronization of data can take a lot of time if the files that you have on your mailbox are also large in size and number.
Many users have been thinking to backup Hotmail emails for keeping the data away from all kinds of threats.
It is important to remember that the data is vulnerable and data breach is common nowadays. To avoid all the mess created due to these threats, you should keep a backup of your data.