In the following segment we are going to discuss the Apple Mail and the Outlook application. Because of the multiple queries encountered regarding the migration from Apple Mail to Outlook. Few of such queries are:
“I was using Macintosh previously. Just shifted to Windows. I want to access all my user account data on the Windows Outlook application. Is there a manual method available?”
“I was using the Apple Mail application on my Macintosh operating system. I recently started using Windows 10 Operating System. How can I transfer all my email accounts information from Apple Mail to Outlook 2016 Application”
The Apple Mail
Apple mail is one of the most popular email clients on Macintosh operating systems. It comes along with all the essential features to manage a user account and uses the MBOX file format. These files contain all the email messages and mailbox items that include tasks, calendars, journals, appointments as well as attachments.
Microsoft Outlook is an Email client application that is developed by the Microsoft corporation. It is one of the most popular email clients on the Windows operating system. The Outlook application is also considered as one of the most user-friendly and easy to use email client application.
Manual Solution to Migrate Apple Mail to Outlook
To get started with the process to migrate Apple Mail to Outlook. It is required for the user to install 4 email clients i.e. Apple Mail, Eudora, Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook. After installing these mail clients. The following mentioned 4 procedures should be followed. Also, These steps are required to be followed very carefully, As any mistake may lead to data loss.
- Use Apple Mail Application
- Launch the Apple Mail Application and goto file >> Click on Import option.
- Navigate to the location where you the required MBOX file is located.
- Click on the “Continue” button and select the MBOX file location.
- Now, select the location for the MBOX file. Click on “Continue” option.
- Once the export process is complete, Click on “Done” button.
- Use Eudora Application
- Firstly to get started, change the file extension of the MBOX file to MBX.
- Now copy the same file to the Eudora default directory:
- Now launch the eudora application, Double click on the MBX file to open it.
“C: Documents and SettingsApplication Data\Qualcomm\Eudora”
- Use Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express, Click on File>>Import and select messages.
- Now, Select “Eudora”. Click on “Next”.
- Browse the MBX file and open it.
- At last finally, Click on Next>>Next>>Finish.
Now the MBOX file content can be easily viewed in the Local Folders of MS Outlook Express.
- Import All the Messages from Outlook Express to Outlook
- To get started, Navigate to File button>>Click on Open.
- Click on Import and Import & Export Window will Open.
- Choose the Import Internet mail and Addresses Option, click on “Next”.
- Select Outlook Express or windows mail option and click on “Next”.
- Click on the import button to begin the import process.
Once the whole process is done then the MBOX file data can be easily viewed on the MS outlook 2016 Application.
The One Stop Solution
It is quite evident from the above mentioned Manual procedure that it is quite time-consuming. It requires the installation of many email clients on the user’s computer system. This can be very confusing and cumbersome to handle at times. Thus it is advisable to the users to switch to a third party solution i.e. MAC MBOX Converter software that can be used in order to migrate the data in Apple Mail to Outlook Application.
In this informative Post we discussed the Apple Mail and the Microsoft Outlook Application based on User queries. Also, we defined the manual solution to migrate from the Apple Mail to Outlook application used on windows. Then, we also defined an automated solution to convert the MBOX files.