As the number of email application is growing day by day, so many users prefer to move from one platform to another. But, switching from one email client to another is not an easy task. It is because most of the applications are platform-dependent. Yahoo contacts to Thunderbird is also one of the types of migration. Apart from this, Yahoo is one of the most popular web-based email client used to perform the exchange of information. Apart from mail service, it will provide many services that are commonly used by desktop users such as news, advertising, video sharing, etc. Due to certain reasons such as major outage makes it difficult to access the mailbox. Security is one of the main reason due to which users need to export contacts from Yahoo to Thunderbird. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss a feasible manual approach to let the user understand how to import Yahoo contacts to Mozilla Thunderbird also recommended one hassle-free solution.
Why Choose Thunderbird Mail Client?
Thunderbird is a desktop-based and reliable email client among most of the users. Also, it helps to manage and access each data without any internet connection. In-fact not only provides emailing feature but also organizes contacts, appointments, events, and tasks. However, it filtering option to remove junk emails and can categorize each email into folders allowing the user to handle the important emails. Being a desktop application, all the contents of Thunderbird are saved on a local system, instead of the server. There are some additional reasons that will become helpful to perform the conversion:
- Thunderbird emails, contacts, etc. can be saved locally so that users can easily access all of them
- Data can be shared among the different users it is possible if they want
Import Yahoo Contacts to Thunderbird Manually
Yahoo mail one of the needs for the users who use their account for the commercial purpose or some important emails on their profile. Therefore, go through the following workarounds by which the user can convert Yahoo contacts list. Let us follow step by step procedure as given below:
- Step 1: From the Yahoo Mail, go to the Options at the top right corner of the page
- Step 2: Then, choose the Mail Options
- Step 3: Now, select the Contacts from the left side of the screen. You must be in Address Book Options.
- Step 4: After that, hit on Import/Export option
- Step 5: Under Thunderbird, Choose Export Now option
- Step 6: Next, type the security code and select export now button. Then, save yahoo_xy.ldif file to your PC or some another place where you can find it later
- Step 7: Open the Mozilla Thunderbird
- Step 8: From Tools option, click on Import and then, go to the Address Books
- Step 9: Now, choose the Text File LDIF format and then, press Next option
- Step 10: Finally, you can select yahoo_xy.ldif file which you have saved previously
Why Manual Approach Gets Fail?
There are certain limitations that users have faced while using the manual approach. For example, with this solution, the user can import only contacts from Yahoo they can not import emails, calendars, etc. All these constraints force the user to move towards any other alternatives to move Yahoo data to Thunderbird application.
Trouble-Free Solution to Export Yahoo Contacts to Thunderbird?
To overcome all the shortcomings, the user can go for a reliable third party tool available online. Therefore, it is advisable to go for a professional solution i.e. SysTools Yahoo Backup and SysTools Thunderbird Importer these two applications will allow the user to import Yahoo contacts to Mozilla Thunderbird in an efficient manner. Both are amazing tools that are designed especially to export contacts, emails from Yahoo to Thunderbird. One can easily use these programs, which provides such an easy-to-use interface that even a non-tech user can use it without any expert help.
Various Benefits of SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard
Some special features of this tool are discussed below:
- Add MBOX files to Mozilla Thunderbird in bulk
- Retains On-Disk Folder Hierarchy when importing .mbox data
- Offers dual importing modes like Select Folders and Files
- It is necessary to install Thunderbird on system for migration
- Mail account should be configured in Thunderbird for importing
- No file size limitation when performing the import procedure
It is concluded that the user need not worry while importing Yahoo contacts to Mozilla Thunderbird mail client. As we know that both email clients play a crucial role in business success. Along with this, we have already discussed the overall procedure to export Yahoo contacts to Thunderbird mail client. This manual solution has some drawbacks, so we have suggested two hassle-free solutions i.e. Yahoo Backup tool & Thunderbird Import Wizard. These two methods will help to migrate data in a simple and convenient manner.