“I have been using the Outlook 2011 application on my Windows 10 laptop and I have approx. 5GB data with attachments, contacts, calendars, etc. Recently, I have purchased a Mac Book Pro. So, for better email communication, now I want to migrate from Outlook to Apple Mail. But, I don’t know much about Apple Mail. Can you please provide me a solution to export Outlook 2011 to Mac Mail. Your help or suggestion would be appreciated!!”
The transfer Microsoft Outlook to Apple Mail has become common, but its vice-versa is rarely asked by users. But still, there are some people who have this issue like the above-mentioned query. They get stuck at this point as they do not have any idea for PST to Mac Mail. At this situation, they don’t need to worry because we are here to resolve their problem. After reading this blog, one can surely get a reliable solution to migrate from Outlook to Mac Mail.
How to Migrate from Outlook to Apple Mail
In order to convert Outlook to Mac Mail, you can use a free email application like Thunderbird because Microsoft Outlook and Apple Mail do not support a common mail file format. In this, first, we need to emails from Outlook to Thunderbird and then import it into Mac Mail.
- First, download, install and run the software to Migrate from Outlook to Apple Mail on Windows platform.
- Then, click on Tools menu >> select Import
- From the Import window, select the Mail option from Outlook and click on the Next
- Now, go to the Outlook option and click on the Next Wait for a while until the emails successfully migrated from Outlook. When it displays “Mail was successfully imported from Outlook” then click on Finish button to continue with the process to import PST files into Mac Mail.
- After that, open the Thunderbird again and click on the Local folders >> Outlook Import. Now, you can see the Inbox that contains 4 emails.
- Here, we need to know the location of Outlook Import folder. For this, right click on the Outlook Import folder & choose the Properties
- Click on the General Information and see the location of folder path.
- Now, you can copy the “Outlook Import.sbd” folder to the desktop or any other storage device like USB & transfer it to the Mac machine quickly.
- In the further step, you have to convert PST to EMLX. For doing this, run the Apple Mail on your Mac machine.
- Then, click on the File menu & select Import Mailboxes
- Select Thunderbird from the Import window and click on the Continue
- Next, browse the emails folder to import PST files into Mac mail “Outlook Import.sbd” that we have copied from Windows system and click on the Choose
- Then click on the Done button when you will get the message” You can find the imported mailboxes in the folder named “Import” in the mailboxes list”.
- Finally, you can see all your Outlook emails which are imported to the Apple Mail.
How to Export Outlook to Mac Mail Using Better Approach?
As the manual approach to Migrate from Outlook to Apple Mail is too lengthy & time-consuming procedure. So, in this fast moving and competitive environment, no one wants to be last in the race. Everyone is looking for a solution that saves time and removes complexity as well. In this case, Apple Mail converter software is come up as fast, efficient, and safe solution to transfer Outlook emails to Mac Mail. It can accurately password-protected PST files and also the tool offers a facility to preview email items before conversion. Apart from this, it is highly recommended solution by the experts.
In this write-up, we have discussed both manual and professional solution to move emails from Outlook to Mac Mail. However, the manual process to migrate from Outlook to Apple Mail is completely free and not too difficult for technical persons, it is rather long and time taking. One small mistake and you would have to start again. Also, you could end up losing critical data. Thus, a better approach is to switch from Outlook to Mac Mail to skip so many steps and make the process extremely simple is to use reliable third-party utility Outlook to Apple Mail Converter tool.