Contacts are very important for every person to establish communication. Deletion of the contact list is not less than a nightmare for everyone. Sometimes, users lose their contacts list or Distribution Group in Exchange due to accidental deletion or other catastrophic conditions. Now, restore deleted distribution group in Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010 process becomes a challenging task. Thus, in this write-up, we are going to discuss different ways to recover deleted Distribution Groups / Contacts List in Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 etc.
Different Techniques to Restore Deleted Distribution Group Exchange 2016
In this segment, we are going to introduce automated as well as manual ways to retrieve deleted distribution list in Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019.
Deleted Distribution Group Recovery in Exchange 2016
via SysTools Exchange Recovery
One can recover Distribution Groups / Contact list in Exchange Server in an effortless way via SysTools Exchange Server Recovery tool. With this utility, one can easily restore Distribution List / Contact Groups / Distributed Groups from Exchange database. The software is integrated with advanced security algorithms and a user-friendly interface. The user can also extract and save the recovered Contacts into a particular file format such as PST / PDF / HTML / MBOX, etc. as per the requirements. To retrieve Contacts or Distribution Groups in Exchange 2019 / 2016 / 2013 and all the below versions, the user needs to follow the step-by-step process given below:
- Download and install SysTools Exchange EDB Recovery Tool to recover Exchange EDB file.
- Now, click on the Add File button to select Exchange mailbox EDB file from which you need to retrieve contact groups.
- Select Advanced Scan Mode and scan the EDB file to recover deleted distribution list in Exchange database file.
- Now you will be able to view all the recovered data items in red color in Exchange mailbox in the display panel in software interface (after recovery).
- Click on the Contacts tab present at the left side on the software’s interface. You will be able to view all the contacts items. (you can see retrieved deleted contact groups in red color).
- Now to restore deleted Distribution Group Exchange 2016, you need to click on the Export button and select the contacts.
- In the Export Type List, you can choose from the various file formats available.You can choose Live Exchange Server restore deleted Distribution Group in your Exchange account.
- Finally, click on the Browse button to select the destination location to save the Distributed Group.
- At last, just click on the Export button to begin the export process. After the completion of the Export process, all the deleted distribution groups will be recovered.
Manual Way to Recover Deleted Contacts / Distribution Groups in Exchange 2016
In this section, we are going to discuss two ways to restore deleted Distribution Group Exchange 2016.
Method 1: Recover Contacts Still Present In Deleted Items Folder
- In Outlook navigate to the email folder list and then click Deleted Items
- Press CTRL+E or Search Deleted Items to find the item you deleted
- To recover contacts, right-click on it and then click Move > Other Folder
- Now, to migrate contact back to contact list, click on Contact > OK
Method 2: Recover Contact No Longer Present in Deleted Items Folder
- In Outlook, go to the email folder list and click Deleted Items
- Ensure that Home is selected then click Recover Deleted Items From Server
- To find a specific contact in the Recover Deleted Items window, you need to click Subject column header
- Now, search for the name of the contact. You can also sort by the From column and look for the blank entries as contacts do not have a value in From field
- Finally, select the contact you need to recover and click on Restore Selected Items > OK
The contacts recovered from the Recoverable Items folder will be moved to the Deleted Items folder. You can find contacts in Deleted Items Folder and recover contacts back to Contact folder.
Note: The retention period for all deleted items in Exchange is 14 days. So, you can manually recover / restore deleted Distribution Group Exchange 2016 within 14 days from deletion.
Not Able to Recover Deleted Distributed Group/Contact List within Retention Period?
Do Not Panic, Just Relax!
In case, if the user is not able to retrieve deleted Contact in Exchange 2016 within the retention period, then he/she has to opt for SysTools Exchange Recovery tool. With this tool, the user can easily retrieve Distributed Groups, Contacts List from Exchange 2019 /2016 / 2013 / 2010 and all the below version. Moreover, one can also export the deleted contacts into the desired file format.
Data loss is a terrible situation for all. Sometimes, the users accidentally delete vital data. It becomes a challenging task for the user to recover the data back. In this blog, we have introduced different techniques to restore deleted Distribution Group Exchange 2016. The user can opt for manual or automated approach as per the requirements. However, for instant and hassle-free recovery of deleted contacts in Exchange, the user can rely on Exchange Recovery Tool.