In spite of all technology, email is considered to be more reliable way of communication among many users. Although, when we are talking about emails, one such email client is MS Outlook that comes into everyone’s mind automatically. It has multiple advance features; amongst all ‘Contacts’ is the most important part of it. As long as, a contact list will help to keep in touch with other people. However, no one want to lose contacts that they have made over the long term. Due to this reason, many users want to import Outlook contacts into google gmail format. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss a proficient way to transfer contacts between Outlook and Google Gmail (CSV).
Let us consider the following scenario to let users understand more clearly:
“I am using Outlook 2007 on my local machine. Suddenly, I have noticed that some of saved PST files are unable to access it. Still, I was not able to transfer contacts between Outlook and Google Gmail. Please suggest me any relevant solution for performing this conversion without any error?”
Transfer Contacts Between Outlook and Google Gmail (CSV)
Before exporting contacts from Outlook to CSV, it is necessary to let users understand the difference between Outlook Address Book and Outlook Contacts. Both are the part of MS Outlook. However, an Address Book is a compilation of different address lists that users may save in Outlook, such as LDAP Internet directories, the global address list (GAL), or other third-party address books. Contacts are only one of the address lists included in an Address Book. Only contacts can be exported directly from Outlook PST to CSV Google.
- Go to the File menu
- Then, click on Options
- Now, select the Advanced tab
- Under Export wizard, click the Export button
- From the Import and Export Wizard, choose Export to a file, and then, press Next
- After that, click on CSV and then, go to Next option
- In the folder list, select the contacts folder that you wish to export and click Next
- Choose the desired location where you can save temporarily files
NOTE: You can remove this file after your all contacts are imported into Google account.
- Type the specific name for the exported file, and then, click the Next.
- You can Add or remove fields for saving the contact information in a newly imported file, click on Map Custom Fields
NOTE: When users try to import data from another application or file, the Map Custom Fields option in the Export to a File box may not be available. Under the following actions will be performed dialog box, to select Export button and after that, Map Custom Field name is available.
Additional help to map custom fields
(a) In the From dialog box, drag the field that you wish to convert into MS Outlook that is listed in the To box.
- To view the additional records inside the From dialog box, click on Previous or Next button
- To remove or delete all mapping, choose the Clear Map
- To reset an original mapping, click on the Default Map
(b) To display all additional fields in the To box, click on plus sign (+) in the next field. For taking an example, to view the Business City and Business Street fields, select the plus sign (+) button next to Business Address.
- Click the Finish button
- Log in to the Google Contacts
- At the top left-hand side, click the More option
- Choose the Import button
- In the Import Contacts field, click on Browse
- Select the file that you have exported in step 9, and click Open
- Finally, click the Import button
Proficient Way to Transfer Contacts Between Outlook and Google Gmail.
Users can take help of a reliable and efficient solution i.e., vCard Export tool to perform the conversion process. Moreover, it provides 5 different options to export Outlook contacts to single vCard, WAB, Yahoo or Google CSV contacts. Also, it will allow to transfer multiple Outlook contacts to Google .csv file at once. So, users can easily load one or more .pst files at a time during the migration. It has multiple upgraded features while converting address book from Outlook to CSV format.
The Bottom Line
Everyone wants to keep their crucial data safe so multiple users want to prefer web-based email application like Google Apps. It is one such application on which users can save all contacts in a secure manner. In above section, we have discussed a manual approach through which users can perform the migration process. If the above-stated solution may not work well then, users can opt a third party tool i.e., vCard Export. It is a simple and reliable solution that will help to transfer contacts between Outlook and Google Gmail (CSV) format. Also, it is capable enough to perform the batch conversion in an efficient way.