Summary: This blog will tell you the solution to backup Microsoft emails. We will discuss how to backup emails from Outlook, Outlook.com / Hotmail.
Today we are considering backup emails from Microsoft, it means we will know the methods to back up all mailbox data such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc. from Microsoft Outlook email application, Outlook web app, or Hotmail.com.
Wait, don’t confuse between Outlook and Outlook.com or Hotmail.
The outlook is a desktop-based email client application that is used to configure all web-oriented email services to send and receive emails. Yes, in Outlook email client application, you can easily configure all web-based email services such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, iCloud Mail, Outlook.com, etc.
And Outlook.com is a web-based email client application also known as Hotmail or Hotmail.com. We can configure Outlook.com in the Outlook desktop application.
So, both are different things and here in this blog, we will get to know how to backup emails from MS Outlook and Outlook.com / Hotmail. But before proceeding or starting the solution part let us know the reasons why users should have to backup emails from Microsoft.
Why Export / Backup Microsoft Emails?
These are some of the common reasons to backup emails from email client applications:
- To migrate or transfer emails from one email account to another account.
- If you are moving from one PC to another PC.
- You are changing your system from PC to Mac or vice versa.
- Lastly, if you need periodic backups to protect your data.
Now, after knowing the reasons to backup emails from Microsoft emails, let us know the solutions.
First, we will know how to backup Outlook emails? So, let’s plunge into it.
Read More: How to Print an Email from Hotmail?
How to Backup Outlook Emails?
In order to backup emails from Outlook desktop-based application, install the MS Outlook desktop application on your computer and follow the below-mentioned process.
Note: This process will backup Outlook emails by exporting the PST file from the Outlook account.
- Open the MS Outlook application on your system.
- Navigate to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Now, select the Export to a file option from the list and click Next.
- Afterward, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit the Next button.
- Select the profile and folders to backup and click on Next.
- Finally, browse location and click Finish to backup Microsoft emails.
Finally, you have successfully exported all emails from Outlook desktop application in PST file format. Now, in the upcoming section, learn to backup emails from Outlook.com or Hotmail.
How to Backup Outlook.com / Hotmail Emails?
To backup Outlook.com emails or Hotmail emails, Microsoft does not give any direct option or in-built feature. So manually if you want to backup emails from Hotmail or Outlook.com then you must have to initially configure your account in the desktop-based email application such as Microsoft Outlook or add Hotmail to Thunderbird.
But still, this method is also a very lengthy and time-consuming process, thus we did not recommend using this method. Also, many users reported that they faced data loss issues using this method. So, this method is not a proficient solution to backup Microsoft emails.
Wait, there is no need to get worried. As we don’t have a manual solution but we have the best method i.e. automated method or we can say direct method to back up all emails from Microsoft.
So, let’s see this method in brief.
Automated Solution to Backup Emails from Outlook.com / Hotmail
The Hotmail Backup Tool is the genuine and best method to backup emails from Microsoft. This tool is very easy to use. As the UI of this tool is very simple and straightforward that any user can easily back up all the data from Microsoft without any issue and data loss. Also, the tool gives you advanced features while taking backup of emails from Outlook.com or Hotmail.
The tool supports backup in both Windows and macOS versions. So, we will see the working of tools in both Windows and macOS.
Steps to Backup Microsoft Emails for Windows
- Step-1: Download and launch the tool on your PC.
- Step-2: Log in to your account in the software.
- Step-3: Select the desired file format to backup.
- Step-4: Browse the location to backup emails at desired location.
- Step-5: Finally, click Start to begin backup emails from Microsoft.
These are the steps to backup emails from Outlook.com or Hotmail for Windows. Now, to know the working of the tool for MAC users to download emails from Outlook web app, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Steps to Backup Emails from Outlook.com For Mac Users
- Step-1: Install and Execute the tool on your Mac system.
- Step-2: Sign in your account in the software.
- Step-3: Now, choose the file format in which you want to backup.
- Step-4: Select the ideal location where you want to save emails.
- Step-5: At last, click on Start Backup to backup Microsoft emails.
That’s it. You have successfully learned to backup emails from Microsoft Outlook. Outlook.com or Hotmail. This tool is the best approach to backup Outlook.com emails or Hotmail emails. So, we recommend using this tool. Also, the tool supports advanced multiple features. To know the best features offered by this tool. Read the upcoming section.
Advanced and Great Features Offered by this Tool
- This tool gives you the option to delete emails after download.
- You can backup emails from the selective dates by using the Date Filter option.
- Backup selective emails using Apply Filter option.
- Save Outlook.com emails to computer hard drive in multiple formats.
- Also, users can export contacts and calendars using this tool.
- This tool is globally available as it supports multiple languages.
Are you looking to backup Microsoft emails – Outlook / Outlook.com or Hotmail? Then, this blog is for you as in this blog, we have discussed the solution to backup all emails from Outlook and Outlook.com. Also, we have explained the step-by-step process to backup emails. Moreover, we have mentioned the best tool that will absolutely make your task very easy to backup data from Microsoft.