Compress Large PDF Files for Email [2 Effective Solutions]
“As the examination is approaching, I have to send my sister some e-books. Due to the large size of files, I am unable to attach those documents to Gmail. As, Gmail supports file size of 25 MB, but my PDF files are more than 30 MB. Can anyone tell me how can I compress large PDF files for email attachment? I am looking for a free solution. ”
Modern time communication largely depends upon the emails. Exchanging the attachments among the people are one of its prime benefits. Users can easily send all types of files as an email attachment, it could be PDFs, images, videos, etc. However, most of the popular email clients do not allow to attach files larger than 25 MB. As a result, many users often face the problem with attaching their files larger than 25 MB. This problem can be easily solved when a user reduce size of PDF document by the compression technique. Therefore, in this post, we have shared two free methods to shrink large PDF files for emailing purposes.
Why We Need PDF File Compression?
What is at stake here is the large-sized PDF files that need to be sent as attachments. PDF is a popular format of the document and it can be of varied size. The file size of PDF usually causes no problem until users try to send PDFs larger than 25 MB. Gmail, Yahoo, and other prominent email clients have a certain limit for attachment. Besides, users of lesser bandwidth, face problems while sending and receiving large-sized PDF files. Therefore, compression of PDF files is the only remedy for these people as it reduce size of Adobe PDF. Now we will learn how to compress large PDF files without losing quality.
Free Techniques to Compress Large PDF Files for Email
There are some techniques to compress big PDF files for emailing. We have chosen to discuss two methods that are simple to perform. Read on to learn the step-by-step instruction to shrink large PDF files.
Method #1: Manual Method to Reduce Size of Adobe PDF
This manual method can be used to compress large PDF files for email as it can be done is some easy steps. Let’s move on the steps of this process:
- Open a folder on your desktop and move all PDF files you need to compress
- Right-click on the folder and select Send to>> “Compressed (Zipped) folder”
- The folder will get compressed. You can now attach this .zip file to an email
Note: This compression option should be performed by default from any Windows system. If it does not work, try installing any third-party tool that facilitates compression.
Method #2: Free Tool to Compress Large PDF Files for Email
Another advanced solution to reduce the size of Adobe PDF is PDF Toolbox. This software ease up the process to shrink large PDF files by providing multiple features.
However, users do not have to worry about the versions of Adobe Acrobat, the tool supports Adobe reader 11.0 and all lower versions. Moreover, this application is very easy to use, such that even a novice user can execute the process without any hassle. Once, the tool compresses big PDF files, the content and formatting remain unchanged. Now have a look at the basic features of this software:
- Provides options to add and remove files from the program.
- The optional feature of image compression within PDF files.
- Advanced options to reduce the size of Adobe PDF documents.
- Selective page compression is possible from a single PDF.
- Destination location can be selected as per users’ choice.
- Provides PDF data extraction and conversion facility.
How Tool Compress Large PDF Files for Email?
- Download the tool & select the Compress option.
- Then, Add Files or Add Folder and set the destination to save the compressed PDF file.
- Options like Compress Images, Advance Setting & Page options are provided by the tool. Also, use advanced settings for image compression.
- Now, the tool will begin to compress large PDF files.
- A confirmation message is displayed.
While sending PDF files as an attachment, users must be careful about the file size. As there is a limit to the file size that can be used as an attachment for email, it is necessary to reduce size of Adobe PDF documents. Therefore, we have shared two free solutions to compress large PDF files for email. With the manual approach, it might be possible that the PDF file compression is not done accurately. Therefore, the alternative method is more suitable. So, users should choose this smart method to shrink large PDF files.