Are you looking for a way to convert WhatsApp contacts to vCard format? Have you ever tried to do it manually? Here, in this blog, we have come up with an easiest way for migration of contacts from WhatsApp to VCF format. Let begin with the causes for such migration of contacts.
Reasons to Shift WhatsApp Contacts To vCard File Format
We all know the importance of WhatsApp and its increasing popularity among users. In fact, various organizations use it as a platform for cross-communication. However, still there are users who want to migrate their contacts to a vCard file, which is a virtual business card. vCard file can store a particular contact in standard format that makes it easy for users to transfer or share them over networks and computers. This file format is compatible with numerous devices, offline and online email applications. In short, it can be accessed in all the popular platforms used for data management. Therefore, this becomes the major reasons behind transferring WhatsApp contacts to VCF file. You need to go through the next section, in order to accomplish this task.
Manual Trick to Convert WhatsApp Contacts to vCard File
This manual procedure consists of two major steps:
- Download Whatsapp Contacts in CSV
- Convert CSV File to vCard Format
Step 1: Download WhatsApp Contacts in CSV
- Download and open WhatsApp in your mobile and then hit on WhatsApp web page. As soon as you do this, it will open camera as scanner. Just scan that bar code, which appears on web page
- Next, expand the list of contacts available on the left bar side
- Then, hit on bookmarklet from toolbar for the creation of CSV list or photo address book.
- Now, select to export them into CSV list. You may even export them into HTML.
Note: Here, we are extracting them in CSV format.
Step 2: Export CSV File as VCF
There are two methods to complete this task:
Method 1: Manual Way
Now in order to accomplish this task manually, you need to follow two steps:
Import Contacts From The CSV File Format
- First, you need to press Windows key and type the contacts in search box. Hit on Contacts from program list
- Now, Contacts window will be started on the screen. Click on Import for moving contacts from CSV
- Once you do this, an Import to Windows Contacts pops-up. Choose CSV option and click on Import to proceed further
- Select CSV to import and hit on Browse for locating the file
- In the next step, choose CSV and then click on Open
- You need to click on Next button. Now, all text and contacts will get showed there.
- Now, you need to contact field name and then click on OK button
- Map the entire filed similarly and once it is done, click on Finish button and begin import process.
Export Contacts to vCard File Format
- You can see the contact window still open on the system. Choose the contacts you wish to export to vCard files, by a click on Export
- Now, a window of Export Windows Contacts pops-up on the screen. Choose all the folders of VCF files, from list and hit on Export to proceed further
- After this, choose the location of VCF export. In case you want to generate a new folder, you may create it in any location. Choose the location and then click on OK button
- Finally, all your contacts will be exported to VCF files. You need to hit on OK.
Method 2: Trusted Solution To Convert WhatsApp Contacts To vCard
As the manual solution is hard to perform and quite lengthy; therefore, you can use best CSV to VCF Converter to migrate the CSV files into VCF.
With the help of this utility, it becomes very easy to perform this conversion. Now, if you have the vCard file and you want to view it, then you can use vCard Viewer to open and read all these files. This software has been designed in a way that it is compatible with single and multiple VCF files. Moreover, it is possible to view the files contacts including the images that to be in bulk.
Wrapping It Up
After going through the reason to export address book in VCF format, we have discussed a complete procedure to convert WhatsApp contacts to vCard format. Apart from this, we have also learned a tool using which users can view the vCard files without any trouble.