Importing vCard file to iCloud is a suitable option to sync your contacts among your idevices via vCard. This option is also useful when you want to import vCard file to iCloud, i.e. import contacts from non apple devices to your idevices.
vCard is an electronic business card with some special feature like: you can import the contacts from one platform to another. It is supported almost all modern phones and e-mail programs such as Microsoft Outlook.
Although iCloud never shows any error messages while importing vCard file, recently you may have got some iCloud error message while importing vCard file to iCloud. The error message will be something like this:
Approach to Resolve “ Unable to Import vCard File to iCloud ” Error
The error message neither direct to any particular reason for failure nor does provide any direction to fix iCloud error. All it’s left with a button called “Learn More”, which in fact leads to an unnecessary support page that does not provide any information on how to fix iCloud Error while importing vCard file to iCloud.
So, after reading this article, you should be able to fix iCloud error message by simply following some directed steps and will be able to successfully import vCard Contacts file to iCloud without any further issue.
Probable Reason Behind The iCloud Error Message:
First, you have to make sure which vCard version you’re using. If you’re using vCard version 2.1 or below, then you’re most probably going to get the error message. The reason behind is that vCard v2.1 is the older version of vCard. Though some software used to create vCard v2.1 or below, but unfortunately this version and the predecessor of this versions vCard files are not supported by iCloud. It only supports the vCard version above 2.1. So vCard version 3.0 and 4.0 files can be imported easily to iCloud without any error.
As you may have guessed by now, we need to convert vCard version to fix iCloud error. There are two ways that we can fix iCloud error. I’m going to describe both the procedure here:
Method 1# Convert vCard File by Using Text Editor
Here in this method, we’ll convert vCard file version 2.1 to 3.0 by simply using a good Text Editor. Please follow the steps below and fix iCloud error message:
- Open a blank TextPad window.
- Drag all your vCard (.vcf) files into TextPad window. Each of your contacts will be in this format:
- Now open the replace window.
- Once it is opened, fill the details:
Find – VERSION:2.1
Replace with VERSION: 3.0
- Choose ALL documents open under scope group.
- Then press the Replace all button.
- Save the files.
- Now drag the vCard contact file into iCloud. This will add the contacts.
Method 2# Fix iCloud Error With the Help of Gmail Account
Here we’re going to convert vCard version with a Gmail Account. This procedure is smarter than the previous one.
- Sign in your Gmail account with your credentials.
- Then click on Gmail icon on top left corner then select Contacts option.
- All contacts window will be shown, on this go to More option.
- Choose Import option.
- A window will be opened, on this select CSV or vCard file option.
- Click on “Go to old contacts” then click on more button at the top of the contact list.
- Select export option and then vCard format option.
- Now tap on export button.
- vCard format version is changed from 2.1 to 3.0, and can be imported into iCloud.
Automatic Solution to Resolve Import vCard File to iCloud Error
Since there is no direct option to import VCF files to iCloud, you must integrate vCard files to make them compatible with iCloud. For this you can use SysTools VCF Conversion software, this software provides an option to merge vCard contacts in bulk. It is a great tool with countless features inspired by its simple and straightforward interface.
1# Merge vCard Files
- Download & Run and Install VCF Conversion Software
- Click Add File or Add Folder
- Click the radio tab for the merge vCard file, and select on the “Explore” button.
- Click on the “OK” button in the software user interface.
- Select on the Export tab
2# Import vCard File to iCloud
- Sign in iCloud with credentials on any Browser.
- Hit the gear button at the bottom of the screen. Click the VCF vCard import option
- Browse to the path where the vCard file is stored, select it, and Click Open button to import vCard to iCloud
- Next, your VCF Contacts will be successfully import into iCloud.
If you face errors like these, then you can choose to go with learn more button and see what kind of error is this then go to with the given solution to fix iCloud error. If given solution is not sufficient then please check your vCard format and how many vCard files you want to import. If you find any of the above error, please resolve it with the solutions which are given above. After this, you can easily import multiple vCard contacts on iCloud account with no error.