Did you ever feel the need to import Samsung Kies Contacts to Outlook ? Don’t worry, this article will tell you each and everything about the Samsung Kies and will give the best answer of how to import Samsung Kies Contacts to Outlook.
Everybody knows contacts are really important for any user who keeps on migrating from one place to another. However, in some cases, a user needs to share contacts across platforms on a mobile device or personal computer. As there are some contacts or email addresses are saved on a mobile device also. So, those contacts need to be synced with Outlook 2016 / 2013 / 2010 if a user wants to read them on a workplace computer. When it comes to mobile phones, Samsung mobile devices are the most popular among the users.
Thus, when it comes to moving mobile contacts, a user needs to install Samsung Kies. It is free a file transfer application offered by Samsung for both Mac and Windows OS. Samsung Kies stores all types of data in it like photos, contacts, videos, etc., in a backup file with SPB file extension.
After installing this, how to import Samsung Kies contacts to Outlook is one of the frequent searches over the internet. If you are also having the same query, then you are at the right place. This post will let you know the stepwise procedure to import VCF to PST. You can use SysTools vCard Importer software for this purpose:
How to Import Samsung Kies Contacts to Outlook?
The Samsung Kies saves all contact details in SPB, VCF or CSV file format. Thus, in this post, we will discuss the process of importing Samsung Kies contacts to Outlook saved in a VCF file format. It stores all contact details of business card in a single file. Now, to import contacts from Samsung Kies to Outlook, follow the steps mentioned below:
Convert Samsung Kies Contacts to vCard
1. Download & Install Samsung Kies application from the Samsung official website.
2. After that, connect the Samsung device to either Windows or Mac machine via USB cable
3. If it asked to upgrade firmware, then simply click on Cancel button
4. Then, click on Contacts >> Save to PC option. This will start the process of copying Samsung contacts to computer
5. Now, under Save File As box, scroll-down on Save As type field and choose VCF file format option
6. After that, choose the destination and give a file name to save the contacts file
Import Single VCF File to Outlook 2007 & Previous Version
1. To initiate the process, open Microsoft Outlook application and click on File >> Import and Export option
2. Now, choose Import a vCard File (.vcf) on Import and Export Wizard
3. After that, click on Next button in order to import Samsung Kies Contacts to Outlook
4. Then, click on the Browse to locate the VCF that you have saved above
5. Click Open button and all contacts are saved on the left-pane of Microsoft Outlook
Transfer vCard with Multiple Contacts to Outlook 2010 & Above Version
1. Here, go to the location of Windows Contacts folder at:
2. Now, you need to type this location in the Windows Explorer window and press Enter key
3. After that, click on the Import button from the Windows Contacts Folder
4. Then, choose vCard (VCF) file option from Import to Windows Contact box
5. After that, simply Browse the folder location where your Samsung contacts are stored on local machine
6. Click Open and copy Samsung contacts to the local machine
7. When the saving process completed successfully, click on the Close button
8. Next, click on Export button from Windows Contact folder
9. Choose CSV (Comma Separated Value) from Export to Windows Contacts dialog box
10. After that, just Browse the folder path where all Samsung Kies contacts are saved
11. Give a name to the file and click on OK button
Import VCF with Multiple Contacts in Outlook 2013 & Above Versions
1. Open Microsoft Outlook application on the local machine
2. After that, click on File >> Open and Export >> Open >> Import/Export
3. Now, choose Import from another program or File option from Import and Export Wizard and click OK button
4. Now, choose Comma Separated Value option from Import a File dialog box and click OK
5. Browse to the location where Samsung contacts file is stored and click on Next
6. Choose Outlook contacts folder and click on the Next button
7. Click on the Finish button to complete the process to import Samsung Kies contacts to Outlook
Drawbacks of Using Manual Process
There are various limitations that a user might face while using manual method to import Samsung Kies contacts to Outlook 2013. For example, the manual process is quite lengthy to perform as it involves lots of steps Thus, it becomes a time-consuming process to transfer Samsung Kies address book to Outlook. Moreover, if a non-technical user use it, it takes hours to perform it correctly.
There are various limitations that a user might face while using the manual method to import Samsung Kies contacts to Outlook. For example, the manual process is quite lengthy to perform as it involves lots of steps Thus, it becomes a time-consuming process to transfer Samsung Kies contacts to Outlook. Moreover, if a non-technical user uses it, it takes hours to perform it correctly.
Also Read: Save a Contact as a vCard in Outlook
The Final Word
Now, you know how to import Samsung Kies to Outlook. Understanding the file formats used by Samsung and Microsoft is really difficult. Therefore, sometimes it becomes confusing for a user to import or export data from vCard. Considering the requirement of users, we have discussed both manual and professional solution to import Samsung Kies contacts to Outlook 2016. A user can choose between them based on their requirement and convenience.