Import Zimbra Contacts to Gmail | Effective Guide
In today’s arena communication via emails is mostly used in every professional institute to exchange information and to interact with each other. Although every email client wants to stay on the top, but the google mail client manage to be on the top due to its multiple features and services. However, hundreds of users are looking for a way to import Zimbra contacts to Gmail. Migrating Contacts from one platform to another is not that much easy as it seems.
Considering the above scenario, we have explained a solution to import the Zimbra contacts to google mail. Let us proceed to the blog without much waste of time.
Manual Procedure to Transfer Contacts From Zimbra to Google Mail?
One can easily migrate Zimbra contacts to vCard format manually. For this, the user needs to perform 2 steps. Apart from this, there is an automated approach to continue the work easily.
Step 1: Transform Zimbra Contacts to vCard
- Run Zimbra Webmail.
- Click on the Preference tab.
- Open Import/Export option.
- Select the Contacts options from the Export tab.
- Click Contacts next to Source.
- Next, select the Address Book you wish to export.
- In last, click on the Export Button.
Step 2: Convert CSV File to vCard/VCF
- Open the Windows Search bar and type Contacts.
- Select the contacts folder.
- Now click on the Import option from the taskbar.
- Select the CSV file format and browse the file.
- Simply select all the imported files and click on the Export button.
- Select the vCard format and continue.
Here, you successfully converted Zimbra contacts to vCard format. Now, you need to transfer vCard to Google Mail for good. Well, there is an unchallenging method also available to transfer contacts from Zimbra to Google Mail. Now, let us move towards the automated solution for this migration.
How to Export Contacts From Zimbra to Gmail | Automated Approach
If you don’t want to be in a situation where you have to spend hours to urge your files converted to vCard, then the upcoming solution is best for the users.
This solution is the SysTools Zimbra Converter which can convert Zimbra TGZ to PST, MBOX, PDF, EML, and vCard format. Although, it allows the export of Zimbra emails with attachments and other categories.
The best of this tools is it comes out with a user-friendly interface and compatible with all versions of Windows OS. Let’s take a look at the steps to import Zimbra contacts to Gmail.
Procedure to Convert Zimbra Contacts to vCard Format
Follow the mentioned steps to perform the conversion process:
1) Once you download and install the Zimbra migration software, open it and the first panel will appear like this.
2) Click on the Add Files tab to insert TGZ files.
3) One can browse the complete folder or separate files, select the option from the radio button.
4) After selecting the folder option, click on the Browse Button to Add files.
5) A pop-up menu will appear saying “Scanning Completed Successfully”. Click OK.
6) Users can view all the TGZ file details in Multiple Previewing Modes.
7) Click on the Export Button to start the conversion process.
8) After clicking on the “Export button” it will ask for Export type select vCard.
9) Use the browse button to Select Designation to save the output. Click OK.
10) In the last click on the Export Button.
11) Once the export process is completed a pop menu will appear. Click on OK.
12) Save the converted files in the desired location by clicking on the “Save” button.
Final Verdict | Import Zimbra Contacts To Gmail
You can transfer contacts from Zimbra to Google Mail by using the manual approach but it might be time-consuming or confusing. Thus, to avoid confusion and promote efficiency one can use the automated approach mentioned above. This tool will eliminate all the trouble that you might have to face in the manual method and make the work easier. Also, it is compatible with all versions of Windows OS.