How to Merge Outlook Archive Folders?
OverviewIf you are planning to merge Outlook archive folders into one, this blog will help you. Here are some easy and effective ways to combine compressed files with other PST files: After that, we recommend using the best and most reliable tool to merge archive files to other PST files. So learn this blog to the end.
Reason to Combine Archived to Other PST Files?
Each user who wants to merge two PST files into one Outlook document will have a different solution. However, there are some reasons why you might want to merge multiple PST files into one. Here, we will discuss some of them.
- Combine multiple Outlook files into one to easily share your email files. You don’t have to move each element one by one.
- By merging multiple PST files into one, you can easily view the contents of the mailbox. Otherwise, it is difficult to search for specific information in different databases.
- Another big reason for merging multiple PST files is that it is easier to manage one file than multiple files.
Here are some important reasons why you might want to merge Outlook files: This is how to combine data folders in Outlook.
Few Steps to Merge Outlook Archive Folders
Manual Ways to Merge Archive Files or Other PST Files
This method creates a new master PST file and copies the contents of the file into the master PST file. Below are the steps to copy the contents of the compressed file to the main PST file.
Task 1: Merge PST Files with Master PST File
- First, connect one of the PST files to Outlook. Go to File option in Outlook and select Open tab.
- Then click “Open Outlook Data File” and select the file you want to open.
- Then copy the contents of the file and paste them into the new main PST file. You can move from one file to another by dragging.
- After copying the files, you can delete the original files directly from Outlook.
- From there, go to the File button and click Account Settings. Then, in the window that opens, click Data Files, select the files you want to delete, and then click Delete.
move on to the second method of merging files or other PST files using the import/export feature.
Task 2: With Import/Export Option
As you can see, the first manual process is a bit more complicated compared to the second one, which is relatively easy to install and use to merge two PST files.
- In Outlook, click the File tab and pick Open & Export.
- Select Import/Export from the Open and Export Help menu.
- Then select Import from another application when the new wizard appears and click OK.
- Opt Outlook Data File (.pst) and Hit on the Next.
- Select the file you want to open in Outlook, select Do not import a copy, and click Next.
- Check the box next to “Include subfolders“. Select Import items to the same folder before clicking Done.
Finally, you can merge any number of Outlook files into PST by completing the entire process. However, both manual processes can be used to combine multiple PST files, but both have certain drawbacks. Let’s discuss the disadvantages of the manual method in more detail.
Merge Outlook Archive Folders Using Expert Solution
The manual solutions that are discussed above have some limitations, like the fact that the process is complex and time-consuming. So, to merge archive PST files in an efficient manner, a user is advised to use the Best Error-Safe and Secure solution to merge PST Files without Outlook.
Moreover, the software is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows and Outlook. One of the most prominent features of this tool is that it has a simple and interactive user interface. No assistance is required to use the software. Both beginners and advanced users can easily merge two Outlook contact folders into one without any technical issue.
Also Read: How to Merge Calendars in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016?
Complete Guide to Merge Archive Files or Other PST Files
Follow these simple steps to combine archive folders into one:
Step 1. First, you need to Download and Install software on your Windows System.
Step 2. Select Add File or Folder to add the entire folder containing the files you want to merge.
Step 3. Select the required option: Merge or Join.
Step 4. Choose merge with an Existing PST, Outlook Profile or New PST.
Step 5. Select Outlook mailbox items and click the Next button.
Merging archive folders in Outlook is not a tricky process if you are confident about it. Thus, considering users requirements, we have discussed manual as well as professional solutions to merge Outlook archive folders in Outlook. A user can go for any of them based on his or her requirements.