How to Merge PST Files Without Outlook?
Summary: If you are an Outlook user, should you merge PST files without Outlook? In this article, we will discuss how to combine multiple PST files into one. In addition to this, we also discuss the benefits of merging Outlook data files.
- Need to Merge PST Data File
- Manual Method to Combine PST
- Limitations of Manual Process
- Best Solution – Automatic Software
- Detailed Guide to Tool
- Software Feature
- Conclusion of the Article
Reason to Combine PST Files without Duplicates
- Simplified Email Management: Having lots of PST files can make it difficult to find and access certain emails or attachments. By combining all the PST files into one, you can simplify email management and quickly find the email you want.
- Avoid Duplicate Emails: Duplicate emails can clog up your inbox and make it difficult for you to identify relevant recent messages. By consolidating into one PST file, you can ensure only one copy of each email and keep your inbox clean and organized.
- Improved Performance: Having lots of PST files can slow down the performance of your email client, especially if the PST files are large. Consolidating PST files can improve email client performance and facilitate email access and management.
Steps to Merge PST Files Without Outlook
1: Download the program
2: choose to add files or folders.
2. Select an option: Merge or Join.
3: Select Merge New PST, Existing PST, and Outlook Profile.
4. Press the “Next” button to start the process.
Manual Ways to Merge Data Files in Outlook
If you want to merge Outlook PST files, you can combine two parts. In the first step, an empty file should be created, and in the second step, the data should be transferred from the old PST file to the new one.
Step 1: Create a New PST File
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click New Item in the top menu.
- Now select More items from the list.
- Then select the Outlook Data File option from the list.
- Now give the Outlook file a suitable name and click OK.
- This file looks like the Outlook mailbox account in the left pane.
Step 2: Import the PST File
- In MS Outlook, click the Files button.
- Then select Open and Export and then Import/Export.
- In the Import Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Click Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.
- In the next step, find the file you want to merge and check Do not import duplicates. Click Next.
- Select the destination mailbox folder and click Finish to finish importing the files.
If you have added PST files to MS Outlook and want to merge Outlook files, follow the steps below.
- Select the mailbox account and select all the emails you want.
- Drag all the emails and move the cursor to the new PST file.
- Finally, drop the handle of the Outlook mailbox account you want. Forwards all emails.
- Repeat this process for each email from the PST file you want to merge.
- This will merge all emails from two different PST files into one new one.
Limitations of the Manual Method
- It is quite complicated and time-consuming. You must have the technical knowledge required in this field.
- There is a high chance of file corruption. If you do not follow these steps correctly, you may lose your mailbox products.
- This technique works when you have two or just a few PST files. However, if you have a lot of PST files, this method may not work for you.
- During the manual method, you need to monitor all parameters that affect the file composition. Failure to provide sufficient information may lead to undesirable results.
For this reason, standard methods are obsolete. The best and most popular solution to merge multiple PST files is an automated tool.
Expert Solution to Merge PST Files Without Outlook
SysTools Outlook PST Merge Tool is undoubtedly the best and most powerful software to combine PST data without duplicate. It offers several innovative and useful features to make the output more accurate and precise.
Apart from that, you can also merge any number of Outlook PST files created by any version of MS Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013. Moreover, it is widely compatible with Windows 11 and other older versions. This software also offers many options to merge calendars in Outlook to make the whole process easier.
Also Read: How to Merge Two Outlook Contact Folders into One?
Steps to Merge PST Files with or without Outlook
First of all, download the software and install it on your system. After that follow the below instructions to perform this task:
- Run the tool and add PST files to merge.
- Select option whether you want to Merge or Join PST.
- Select merge data files in New PST file.
- Click on Change button and browse for folder to save the merged PST file.
- Select Outlook mailbox items which you want to combine.
- After that, check the Exclude Deleted Items or Exclude Trash Folder” options according to your needs. This utility also offers an advanced “Ignore Duplicate Items” option.
- Click Next to combine PST files.
Why Should Choose this Tool?
- 100% Safe: The software is completely safe from virus or malware. There is no data loss or data corruption issues arises with this tool.
- No Limitations: It supports for combining multiple PST files into one without any file size limitations. Moreover, you can merge unlimited PST files with no error.
- No Outlook Requirement: The tool is able to combine PST files without duplicates when you select merge files in New PST option.
- Search Files: If you don’t know the location of your PST files, you can use the Search option of the tool to start merge PST files without Outlook process.
- Remove Duplicate Items: The software supports to merge and remove duplicates from Outlook emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, etc.
- Exclude Deleted Items: It provides option to exclude or include deleted items and junk folder to merge two PST files without Outlook.
- Join PST Files: The software offers Join option that helps you to join two PST files by creating a new folder for the joined files.
- Merge multiple PST Data Files: Using this option, it is easy to merge similar folders into one. Like you can merge Outlook archive folders into a single file and other folders into single one.
- Merge Required Data Items: The tool provides option to choose the Outlook mailbox items which you want to combine. You can check or uncheck Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Notes and Journals.
- Vast Compatibility: It is works well with all latest and old versions of Windows Operating System. You can install it on Windows 11, 10, 8,1, 8, 7, etc.
It is not that difficult to merge PST files without Outlook using PST data merge tool. This is the only tool that allows you to combine PST files without duplicates. It supports to merge two PST files or more PST files without any limitation. It is able to remove duplicate items while combing PST files. You can download the free trial version of the tool and check its efficiency.