Summary: Tired of manual solutions to open NSF file in Thunderbird? Hence, you looking for an instant way to export NSF files in Thunderbird? Then don’t panic! It is time to rejoice because here in this blog to know the proper approach to view IBM Notes files in Thunderbird.
Basically, Lotus Notes is a server-based emailing client It is a server-based emailing application. And it is a widely used email client by numerous organizations to achieve some specific tasks such as messaging, calendars, creating to-do lists, managing contacts, scheduling meetings, etc.
The main reason why users not able to open NSF file in Thunderbird is format compatibility. Lotus Notes application creates an NSF file for each profile for storing the data associated with it. On other hand, Thunderbird creates an MBOX file for storing the mailbox data. Hence many users report various queries regarding this issue.
User Query- Hi, I am using Lotus Notes in my office but due to some work need right now I am using Mozilla Thunderbird hence, I want to open NSF files in Thunderbird. So I tried the manual way to do this task but due to a huge number of files, it taking lots of time and I don’t want to waste my valuable time in clicking each file one by one. So, if anyone knows the direct solution then please suggest it to me.
Now, if your situation is the same as the above query, then this blog explains a complete solution to view NSF to Thunderbird. Just keep reading the blog and in end, you will definitely learn the way to do this task without any hassle.
Instant Way to Open NSF File in Thunderbird
It is very definite that users do not want to go with the manual method because Lotus Notes does not provide an option to export NSF files to MBOX. It only gives you the option to save NSF to EML file format, and if you go with this method, then it will take your time. So in that situation, users can try an automated way to do this.
SysTools NSF Converter is one of the best options to do this task because it will give you three options to export Lotus Notes NSF such as MBOX, EML, and MSG. So users can opt for any of them as per their requirements. The best thing about this tool is that it comes with great features along with various filters option. Along with emails this tool also exports Lotus Notes contacts and calendar. The tool is capable to converts Lotus Notes Mailbox with entire metadata, internet header, etc to MBOX file format in a well-organized manner.
Steps to Open NSF File to Thunderbird
1. First, download the software are install it
2. Open the tool and choose Select NSF File(s) radio button and click on the Add File(s) or Add folder to add the NSF file directly
3. Select MBOX option under the Export Option
4. Choose Items from Select Categories option
5. Choose the Advance Conversion Options as per your requirement
6. Choose the destination location to save the migrated file
7. At last click on the Export button and wait until the confirmation message
8. Once the process is complete, import the resultant MBOX file into Thunderbird to open NSF file in Thunderbird
Features Provided by the Tool
- Batch NSF Extraction: The tool comes with Add Folder, and Domin Server options hence, the software is capable to convert NSF files in batch.
- Preserves NSF Components: The software capable to preserve Lotus Notes email components such as Internet Header, HTML Formatting, Docklink, Maintain Folder Hierarchy, and more.
- Support All Version of IBM Notes: This utility is compatible with all vesrions of lotus Notes such as (10.0, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0, 7.0, 6.5, 6.0, 5.0, 4.5, 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0, etc).
- Change Domino Protocol in SMTP: The tool offers the facility to change NSF protocol to simple SMTP format without losing any data.
- Supports all Windows OS: The tool is supported by all versions of Windows OS (Win 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc).
- Free Demo: This software comes with a free trial version so users can test the software. The demo version export 25 items from each NSF files.
Open NSF file in Thunderbird is very common query asked by many IBM Notes users. Hence, in the above write-up we have explained the best aecure way to view NSF File in Thunderbird using some simple steps. So, go through the blog to complete the whole conversation in just a few clicks.