How to Recover Data from Corrupt VHD File – Resolved
Do users want to know how to restore data from corrupt VHD? If yes then, you landed in the right place. This blog will let you know how to retrieve data from corrupted VHDX without any trouble. Before going to the solution part we will take on user query.
Hello friends, I am using hyper v virtual machine to mount Windows 8 VHD file in Windows 10 system. Yesterday when I turn it on VM, then virtual machine creates error code of corrupt VHD file. My all essential data files turned into inaccessible format. So, anyone can please tell me any way to recover corrupt VHD file to physical HDD. Is it possible to recover data from corrupt VHD file in Windows 10. If yes then how please help me ASAP.
VHDX or VHD file is a virtual hard drive file format that is generated by a few backup software when users back up the computer. It may contain what is found on a physical HDD, like disk partitions and a file system including files and folders. This is important for computer recover and recovery if your Windows PC encounters an issue and users don’t want to reinstall it.
In a VHDX file users can store 64 TB of data, While VHD’s standard storage limit is 2 TB. Since the storage capacity of .vhd and VHDX files is usually large, the deleted files will bypass Windows recycle bin.
Table of Content
Reasons for VHD File Corruption
There are various reasons behind VHD file corruption. A few reasons are mentioned below. Read these reasons and get rid of VHD file corruption.
- Suddenly System Shut Down:- Due to human error or power failure, the computer may suddenly off without proper shut-down. This causes users serious damage to the computer hardware. If you are working on your VM then your VHD files may be corrupted.
- Storage Media Failure:- Because of the failure of storage media and device, the files become corrupted, and that’s why the VHD file becomes fails to run.
- Virus and Malware Attack:- Virus attack is the main reason for data file corruption of Virtual hard drives. Once a virus is attacked in a system users lose their important VHD files.
- VHD Move Error:- When you are transferring your VHD file from one Windows Operating System to another OS. Then, this is the reason for damaging or corrupting the VHD files.
- VHD Corrupted Errors:– Sometimes, users unintentionally deleted or remove stored VHD files, clean or modify System Registry, and improperly detach VHD from Disk Management are a few of the major errors that can damage any VHD file.
How to Recover Data From Corrupt VHD File – Using Professional Software
A trustworthy SysTools VHD File Recovery Tool helps to recover deleted, corrupted, and formatted data from VHD files. This utility supports to recovery of normal deleted and permanently deleted VHD files. This provides an option to restore VHDX files on Windows 10. It provides advanced features to recover deleted partitions from virtual hard drives.