Transfer Nokia Contacts to Mac vCard Format– Backup Nokia Contacts to VCF
"Recently, I have bought Samsung Galaxy S7. And, now I wanted to migrate all the contacts from my Nokia mobile phone which is running on Symbian to the new Samsung mobile. However, both mobile has different platforms. So, it is difficult for me to transfer Nokia contacts to Mac vCard format. Can someone please tell me the right way to convert Nokia contacts CSV to vCard for Mac?"
The above-mentioned query seems familiar to most of the people. Because, in these days, people are always changing their mobile phone and then they need to transfer contacts from one device to another. It is a trivial thing to do with Android, iOS and Windows Phone, but it is too complex to do with old Nokia phone. Thus, here we will tell you how to export contacts from Nokia to Mac Address Book with some optimum solutions.
How to Transfer Nokia contacts to Mac vCard Format?
In order to backup Nokia contacts to Mac vCard format, perform these step by step procedure by using Nokia suite:
- First of all, download, install and launch the Nokia Suite on your system.
- Then, go to the Tools menu >> Options on the menu bar to open the Options window.
- After that, click on the Contacts on the left sidebar.
- Now, select the Windows Contacts option under the Sync with Contacts Application on the right panel & click on the OKbutton to proceed further.
- In this step, connect your Nokia phone to your system to convert Nokia contacts CSV to vCard for Mac.
- Then, click on the Contacts icon on the top navigation bar.
- After that, click on the Sync contacts in the phone area to start syncing the Nokia phone contacts in the vCard format.
- After completion of the contact syncing, check the version of the vCard file. It is 2.1.
- To import vCard file in Mac OS the version of the vCard must be 3.0 or 4.0.
- So, upgrade the version of the resultant vCard file.
- Now, import vCard in Mac OS.
Note: You can either change the version by importing it in Google contacts or by Text Editor or you can also opt for a third-party tool to upgrade the version of vcard.
A Trouble-Free and Direct Solution to Transfer Nokia contacts to Mac vCard Format
The above discussed manual methods can be cumbersome. So, in case, if the above discussed manual approaches fail to backup Nokia contacts to vCard format then it is the best solution to use a third-party tool like CSV to vCard for Mac. It is a highly suggested solution that is capable to easily convert Nokia contacts CSV to vCard format. It provides a simple and intuitive interface that does not need any expert guidance to operate this application properly. It also offers many advanced features such as it creates single vCard or VCF file, allows mapping of CSV file and able to migrate multiple contacts from CSV to vCard file. However, it is compatible to work with Mac OSX versions 10.6 and all above versions.
There are many reasons due to which users need to transfer Nokia contacts to Mac vCard format. So, considering all the requirement of users, both manual and automatic solution to switch from old Nokia to vCard are discussed above. However, the manual method to save Nokia contacts to VCF or vCard format is not at all a guaranteed solution. So, it is recommended to use the third-party solution named as CSV to vCard for Mac. Moreover due to its extremely positive reviews, most of the professional use this tool to export Nokia contacts CSV to VCF format for Mac OS.