Configure Hotmail To Outlook 2019/2016/2013/2010/2007
As we all have used many Email client applications and web mail services provided by Microsoft like Outlook, Office 365, Exchange Server, etc. Similarly, Hotmail is also an email client , which is provided by Microsoft. If anyone wants to configure Hotmail to Outlook, then two options that users can use as per their choice: 1.) Auto Account Setup 2.) Manual setup or additional server types. To forward Outlook.com(previously known as Hotmail) to Outlook, the user need any one Outlook account which they want to synchronize with Hotmail mailbox. They can choose any one of the given account types to link Hotmail to Outlook: POP3 or IMAP.
Two Techniques to Sync Outlook.Com to Outlook
Manual Method to Configure Hotmail to Outlook
Method 1: Download & Install Outlook Connector
The Hotmail Outlook Connector is no longer available. It is an outdated method and no longer required to connect to your Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, MSN or Live Mail account. You can try the Other techniques to Link Hotmail to Outlook 2019/2016/2013/2010 or below versions.
The Outlook Connector helps the users to connect Hotmail email account with Outlook and synchronize Hotmail Emails, Contacts and Calendar to the local machine just like Exchange Server. If users want to use Outlook Connector, then they need to download Outlook Connector first.
Hotmail Outlook Connection Process
- Close all applications including Outlook and install Outlook Connector.
- Open Control Panel → click on Mail section → create new account with the help of a connector.
- Click on Add → fill the information required correctly such as user name, email address, etc. Now, Outlook will automatically set-up an account. To create the account manually, list Outlook Connector in the Additional Server types.
- After Outlook Connector configuration on the system, a data file is created for Hotmail account. At the same time, this file can be set as the default data file, user’s cannot deliver Hotmail to another data file. If you deliver emails from other accounts to the Hotmail data file, then that mail will be transferred to Hotmail server.
- When Outlook Connector creates any data file, that data file can only be used by the account for which it is created.
- It is a point to be remember that Calendar and Contacts in Hotmail server are not synced to Outlook. To upload them to the Hotmail server, users need to move the items to the Hotmail folders.
- If users want to use Outlook Connector, then they’ll need to set up the account. Use the below given steps to do so:
- Open Outlook →File→ Account Settings→ New Account dialogue.
- Click to manually configure server settings or additional server types → click Next.
- Now choose option Outlook Connector and complete the wizard for Hotmail to Outlook.
Method 2: Using POP3/SMTP to Hotmail email to Outlook
- Open Outlook→ File → Add Account.
- Click on Manual setup or additional server types→ click Next.
- Now POP and IMAP Account Settings window will pop up, now fill all the required details in User Information and Log on information under red line and Server Information under the green line, write down all the details.
- Now, click on More Settings.
- A new window showing Internet E-mail Settings will appear on the screen.
- Choose Outgoing Server → check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Then, click on the option use same settings as of incoming mail server.
- Move to the Advanced tab and enter repective port numbers and check for TSL and STARTTSL encryption.
- After clicking OK, user moves to the window showing POP and IMAP Account Settings and now, click on Next option.
This will start the server configuration settings check. This will take a while to get successful. If any error occurs, then proceed with the following steps
How to Resolve Error in MS Outlook Configuration?
- This type of error encounters when users configure Hotmail using POP3 and the POP3 is not enabled in user’s Hotmail account. To enable ‘POP3’ in Hotmail, proceed with the following steps:
- Go to the browser and open Hotmail account.
- Go to Settings and then select Options.
- Under Options tab, Choose POP and IMAP → check mark Yes from POP options and click on Save button.
- This saves your account type setting in POP3. Close the Hotmail account and go to Outlook.
- Now click Next.
- A new window will pop up on the screen containing configuration testing results. Click on Close.
- Now, click Finish to complete the setup. This will easily sync Hotmail to Outlook account.
Restart the Outlook application to view the Hotmail account on the Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013 folder panel.
Limitations of Manual Solutions
Some of the limitations of the manual method to connect Hotmail account to Outlook are listed below:
- It is a lengthy process and requires atmost care for successful result.
- Manual approach requires a technical sound person.
- It is not an efficient trick for conversion process. There may be data loss while email sync between Hotmail and the Micosoft Outlook account.
So, it is always suggested to opt an automated Third party solution for conversion of Hotmail inbox to Outlook.
Automated Solution To Configure Hotmail to Outlook
There is a simple and efficient solution for the users who want to Hotmail email to Outlook. The manual solutions are not very efficient and are time-consuming too. SysTools Hotmail Backup Tool gives a very quick solution to the users who perform backup Hotmail Email account. It helps users to migrate Hotmail to Microsoft Outlook. This tool runs perfectly with all Outlook versions. It is a Professional Tool for the migration process and is much more reliable as it provides the satisfactory results as compared to other manual solutions.
1. Backup Hotmail Emails to the local machine
2. Create Backup and export Hotmail to Outlook
3. Bandwidth of the network can be throttled as per the requirement
4. Internet data is mandatory for this tool to work
5. Date range filters provide selective mail backup
When it comes to connecting Hotmail to Outlook, then users can do this either by using the manual method or by the third party tool. In manual techniques, user needs to perform each and every step very carefully. Incase of large number of emails, it takes longer time to sync all the Hotmail emails on the Live Mail environment. so be patient or choose the smarter or efficient method that can do the job in less time.