Are you searching for a simple method to convert Lotus Notes mail to Exchange Server? If yes, then you are in the right place. Taking this need into consideration, we have come up with this blog. With this, we will highlight the migration from Lotus Notes data items to Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. versions comprehensively.
It has been seen these days that a significant number of IBM Notes users are migrating to some better email servers such as Exchange Server, Office 365. Well, the different reasons to migrate from Lotus Notes to Exchange has been elaborated in the upcoming sections. So, let’s check out the reasons followed by the proven migration procedure to convert Lotus Notes email to Exchange Server.
Top Reasons to Convert Lotus Notes Mail to Exchange Server
Though Lotus Notes is incorporated with multitasking supported features, the interface is quite complex making users difficult to use. This is one of the reasons users convert Lotus Notes email to Exchange Server 2019, 2016, etc. versions. Following are some of the additional reasons to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server.
- Lotus Notes offers small-sized mailbox which often fails to meet the user requirement. On the other hand, Exchange provides its users with a bigger mailbox size capacity.
- The interface of Lotus Notes is not user-friendly. Most of the users report dissatisfaction and inconvenience regarding Notes UI (User Interface). This is another reason that leads to converting Lotus Notes mail to Exchange Server.
- The latest versions of Exchange Server is induced with advanced emailing services whereas IBM Notes is lacking those features.
- The inbuilt repair tool often fails to recover NSF files. As a result, it creates a problem for users thereby migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server.
- The installation and operating charges of Lotus Notes is quite expensive in comparison to Exchange Server.
How to Convert Lotus Notes Mail to Exchange Server Via Manual Technique?
There exists a manual technique to migrate to MS Exchange from IBM Notes. This is nothing but the inbuilt utility offered by Microsoft i.e., MS Transport Suite. However, to utilize the same manual method, one needs to be technically sound and it requires a lot of time to convert Lotus Notes mail to Exchange Server.
As Exchange Server is an on-premise service provider, thus to migrate Lotus Notes email to Exchange leads to a complex task. Therefore to mitigate the complicated manual process, it is highly recommended to avail trustworthy third-party software. Before knowing the proven solution, let us first understand the different challenges exhibited by the manual method that is mentioned below.
Challenges & Issues Encountered Using Manual Method
- One of the major hindrances to convert Lotus Notes mail to Exchange server via manual method is the requirement of adequate resources. The requirements for this process are voluminous. Very few organizations are aware of the exact requirements that are needed for a smooth migration.
- There is a considerable amount of risk involved in this process, which the organizations are unaware of. As a result, there occurs many attempts to initiate the process without an accurate amount of preparation, investment, manpower, infrastructure, time and knowledge. Needless to say, this results in unsuccessful and incomplete migration.
- Post-migration, the productivity of the employees of an organization decreases at a significant rate. The reason behind is that people need time to understand a new email client. Moreover, Exchange is not a platform that can be easily understood by anyone. That is why the workflow of the migrating organization remains low for some days.
- The manual method is quite complex when bulk NSF file migration is required. At the same time, it requires a lot of effort due to complexity and time-consumption factors.
- There occurs data loss issue while converting Lotus Notes mail to Exchange using the manual method.
- If you want to migrate to Exchange manually, you have to ensure that it is given sufficient time and monitored by experienced persons.
- If you need to export Lotus Notes email to Exchange Server, the initial days will be full of queries from the employees. Organizations should be prepared with an expert support team to reduce the inconvenience faced by the new Exchange users.
A Result-Driven Method to Convert Lotus Notes Mail to Exchange Server
Keeping these drawbacks in mind, users often choose an alternative method which is simple and reliable at the same time. Use Lotus Notes to Exchange Migrator, which is the ultimate solution to seamlessly export Lotus Notes email to Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013.
It provides the option of mailbox mapping that will ensure direct data migration. It supports bulk Lotus Notes mailboxes migration to the destined Exchange account. Moreover, encrypted emails can also be migrated to Exchange Server. One can easily convert Lotus Notes mail to Exchange with selective data items such as emails, contacts, etc.
Here Comes the 4 Simplified Steps to Convert Lotus Notes mail to Exchange Server
- Install the software and launch it on your system
- Choose the destination as Exchange to perform Lotus Notes to Exchange Server migration
- Enter the required credentials and select preferred categories and filters
- Click Export and your Lotus Notes mail will get migrated to Exchange.
Impeccable Features Offered by the All-Rounder Software
- Converts IBM Lotus Notes Mail from single or bulk NSF files to Exchange Server
- Support Domino Server migration to Live Exchange Server
- Option to translate Canonical Name is also available
- Apply Date filter options for various mailbox items
- Option to remove encryption from emails
- Ensures to maintain HTML formatting for all emails
- Live Exchange Server is mandatory for migration
- Requires IBM Notes installation to convert Lotus Notes mail to Exchange Server
- Retains Internet Header of all IBM Notes emails files
- Supports Exchange Server 2019 & all lower versions
The Final Note
There has been an increasing demand to convert Lotus Notes mail to Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, etc. versions. Considering the different complexities rendered by the manual method, it is best suggested to make use of the power-packed third-party tool mentioned above. The tool is employed with powerful algorithm to migrate entire NSF data items to Exchange Server without any hassle