We all heard about Microsoft Excel application and many of them are working on it. It is the best program through which users can manage contacts, balance sheet, calculations, data management and also convert XLS to VCF Android. And, the XLS is a file extension used by Microsoft Excel 97-2003 worksheet. In new editions of MS Excel, the workbook is saved in XLSX file format.
However, many users have XLS file that consists some crucial contacts in it. And, they want to import that .xls contacts to their Android phone. So, they can keep contacts all the time on their smartphone. For the same, the XLS to VCF conversion is required. Because vCard (or VCF) is a default contact format supported by Android. Therefore, in this technical guide, we are going to cover how to convert Excel to vCard Android with the help of some easy-to-use methods. So, let’s begin!
A Handy Manual Solution to Convert Excel XLS to VCF Android
A user can export the contacts that saved in XLS worksheet in Android supported vCard type with a manual technique. However, the direct conversion of Excel to VCF Android is not possible so it requires multiple steps. So, make sure that you have enough amount of time while using this technique.
Step 1: Save XLS in CSV format
1. Launch Microsoft Excel application.
2. Go to File >> Open.
3. Now, select the .xls file from its location and open it to Convert XLS to VCF Android.
4. Once the file is opened, click on File >> Save As.
5. From the Save As Window, click Save As drop-down button and select CSV (Comma delimited) option. Then, hit the Save button to export excel file to VCF in Android.
6. As soon as you click on Save option, a message pops-up on the screen ‘The selected file type does not support workbooks that contain multiple sheets.’ Just click on OK button.
7. Again, a new alert message flashes on the screen that says ‘xyz.xls may contain features that are not compatible with CSV. Do you want to keep the workbook in this format.’ Click on Yes to save the .xls file in .csv format.
Step 2: Convert CSV to vCard Format
1. Type Contacts in the Windows search bar and select Contacts folder from the result.
2. Once it is opened, click on Import from the menu to open Import to Windows Contacts window.
3. Next, select CSV (Comma Separated Values) option from the list and Hit on Import button to convert Excel to vCard Android.
4. A new CSV Import Window open, navigate to Browse and locate the .csv that created above. Then, click on Open >> Next.
5. After that, map the fields using Change Mapping Window and click on Finish.
6. Select all the contacts and Hit on Export.
7. From Export Windows Contacts window, select vCards(folder of .vcf files) option and hit Export button.
Step 3: Upload vCard Contacts to Android
User can use USB cable and connect the phone with the system. Thereafter, transfer the vCard files into Android phone. Once the file gets imported, check your device whether the contacts are shown or not. For this, follow these steps sequentially.
- Go to your Contacts and click on Menu.
- Select Import/Export Contacts option.
- After that, select Import from Storage if you save the VCF in internal storage and export the .xls contact in phone address book.
Ramification Associated With Manual Workaround
There are some couple of downsides that present in above-mentioned technique. And, all the limitations should be known to the users before using this workaround. Here, we list out all the demerits of manual method to convert XLS to VCF Android.
- The above procedure has numerous steps that consume long hours.
- At the time of .xls to .csv conversion, a message occurs that clearly states ‘xyz.xls may contain features that are not compatible with CSV. Do you want to keep the workbook in this format.’ It signifies some of the information gets removed from the workbook if it is not supported by .csv format.
- While exporting CSV as vCard, the mapping options are limited.
So, How to Convert XLS to VCF Android Precisely?
Excel to vCard Converter is an outstanding software that dedicated to convert .xls to vCard Android. It takes few minutes and export any number of contacts saved on Excel XLS file into Android supported file format. However, the resultant vCard file can be supported by various email clients and mobile devices.
|Web-Based Email Clients (Supported VCF)||Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, AOL, Hotmail and much more|
|Mobile Devices||Android, Windows, Symbian, IOS etc.|
|Desktop Oriented Email Program||MS Outlook, IBM Notes, Mozilla Thunderbird and lots more.|
The best part about the utility is numerous options provided for mapping. By this, no field can be removed during conversion. A user can get email address, first name, job title, company, contact, business address, business address city, home address city, home fax number and much more that are available in XLS into vCard format. Furthermore, the software widely supports all Windows Operating system.
The aim of this write-up is to provide complete information on how to convert XLS to VCF Android. If anyone has a .xls file and wants to convert them into vCard format, then go through this article once it will definitely resolve all your problems.