How to export emails from Apple Mail to PST : Expert Solution
Apple Mail is an email client which is a part of macOS, iOS, and watchOS by Apple Inc. It is the default email client that comes with every Mac using OS X 10.0 or later. The current version of Apple Mail utilizes SMTP for sending messages. POP3, Exchange, and IMAP are used for message retrieval and S/MIME protocol is used for end-to-end message encryption. Apple Mail can be used to work with popular email providers, such as Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail, Gmail, Outlook, iCloud, etc. It also has some limitations due to which there arises the need to migrate Emails from Apple Mail to PST. Therefore in this write up we will be discussing all that.
Microsoft Outlook is considered to be a personal information manager. It can be used mainly as an email client. Also, Outlook provides services such as managing and scheduling Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc. The main features of Outlook include the security, archiving of messages, etc. By using it, certain messages can be archived both manually as well as automatically. Besides the common security features, Outlook also provides the ability to block certain attachments by considering its file format. Also, certain files can be added or removed to/from the block list. The file extensions of Outlook includes PST, MSG, and OST. PST files stores emails, contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. and are used for POP3, IMAP & web-based mail accounts. OST files are the offline Outlook data files which keep a local copy of items on the computer. Outlook can be used to import emails from Apple Mail to PST.
Quick Solution: If you want to export emails from MBOX to Outlook PST then, go for a reliable MBOX Converter Tool.
Why do users need to convert Apple Mail to PST?
The reasons why users prefer to choose Outlook is because of its features like:
- Multiple account support: Being a mail client Apple Mail supports multiple email accounts. But The aggregated view of all the emails from all of the accounts is quite not possible. When using Outlook, we can have 2 inboxes, with “Focused” which refers to the most important or interesting emails, and “Other” consisting of a list of less relevant mail.
- Supports scheduling of messages: email messages can be scheduled to reappear in the inbox at a later convenient time if Outlook is used. By doing this, one can remind important information which might have forgotten. This is a key feature of Outlook which makes it easy for the users to prefer to convert Apple Mail to PST.
- Cloud attachments: The Outlook app can be linked with cloud storages such as OneDrive, iCloud, Google Drive, DropBox, etc. This is important while adding attachments, photos, etc. into emails.
- Calendar: For iPhone users, the calendar is inbuilt with Outlook app. The contacts, birthdays, national holidays, etc. will be visible on the calendar. Colour codes can be set for differentiating between different entries.
- People: The contacts menu in Outlook app shows all the recently contacted people. Thus quick access to email addresses is possible by Outlook.
- Outlook provides several enhanced security features to protect the email accounts from attackers by blocking various attachments. Protection from phishing emails is also supported.
Manual Solution to Import Emails from Apple Mail to PST:
The Email messages of Apple Mail account are stored in MBOX files. So even if the messages are lost due to some problems, it can be recovered using MBOX files. In MS Outlook, PST file stores all components like emails, contacts, tasks, journals, calendars etc. As a result, it is necessary to convert the MBOX files to PST file formats. But There are no facilities available to directly convert the Apple Mail files to PST manually. So in the manual method, the mailboxes are imported as files with .mbox extension. As there is no direct feature available to export emails from Apple Mail to PST, we have to use Eudora. In this method, the inbox folder is renamed to Inbox.mbx and then it is stored in Eudora’s directory folder. Now the mailbox has to be imported using Outlook Express. And later the mailboxes are imported to MS Outlook as PST files.
The process of exporting emails manually is rather tedious and can only be done under the guidance of experts. Also, the manual method does not assure 100% safe migration since there can be chances of data loss to occur.Inorder to overcome the difficulties provided by the manual method to convert Apple Mail to PST, One can rely on any third party expert utility. Considering the limitations inflicted by the manual methods, using a third-party utility for the task is a wise decision. One of the expert tools which help users to accomplish the task easily and effectively is SysTools MBOX to Outlook Converter.
Expert Solution to export emails from Apple Mail to PST files.
The main features of MBOX Converter are listed below:
- The installation of MS Outlook is not mandatory to migrate emails from Apple Mail to PST.
- The exported emails can be previewed with the attachments.
- The client data is automatically detected with or without the .mbox extension.
- Converts all emails from the selected email folders within a few clicks.
- Converts multiple MBOX files to PST.
- There is no file size limitation to import emails from Apple Mail to PST.
- Provides option to choose multiple emails by selecting folder option.
- capable of sorting out MBOX files from other file types and performing a selective file scanning.
Since MBOX files store only email messages and PST files collectively stores emails as well as contacts, calendars, tasks, etc., there may be situations in which users need to migrate emails from Apple Mail to PST. MBOX to PST conversion is a method that helps the users to export their mailbox items from Apple Mail in a reliable manner.