Export Outlook to Windows Live Mail for Windows and Mac
If you want to export Outlook to Windows Live Mail, then the first thing that you need to implement is to transfer Outlook PST emails to WLM EML format. The major concern regarding the entire matter of this conversion process is that the PST files cannot be accessed in WLM. In this blog, we will provide the proper solutions to transfer Outlook emails to WLM application.
Outlook and Windows Live Mail are the most widely used email applications around the globe. In today’s era of technology, MS Outlook and WLM have developed a lot and reached the peak. The most basic difference between both the desktop based applications is that Outlook is provided as a bundle with Office Suite and costs a lot. On the other hand, WLM is less expensive and completely pocket-friendly that makes it more convenient for the users to use WLM. One more added advantage of this application is that it is provided with the Windows and comes free with Windows 8 and it’s below editions. The main point that you need to keep in mind is that Outlook uses PST as its default file format whereas WLM uses EML files for the email messages.
“I have been using Microsoft Outlook for few years but, it was getting over budget for a couple of months. After researching it on Google, I came across WLM. It suited my work. Then, I tried to manage all the things and everything was running smooth. But, then one day I required an old mail. Now, for this, I need to access my PST file in WLM. But for doing so, firstly I need to import emails to Windows Live Mail from Outlook. Can anyone suggest me any technique to perform this task? Thanks!”
How to Transfer Outlook Emails to WLM
Firstly, Users have to install Thunderbird on the system and then export the Outlook mailbox data to Mozilla Thunderbird and then finally import these to EML. After some time, you can import emails to Windows Live Mail from Outlook. If you are not happy with the manual approach, you can directly move to the automated method discussed in the below section.
Manual Approach to Export Outlook to Windows Live Mail
A user can manually export Outlook to WLM in two ways. One is with the help of the Mozilla Thunderbird application and the other is using MS Outlook. We will first discuss the method using Thunderbird and then via Outlook email client.
With the help of Mozilla Thunderbird
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird → Tools → Import.
- It enables a pop-up window will appear on the screen showing the two options: Import Everything or Select type of material to be imported.
- Select the preferred option → Click Next.
- Import process will begin.
- Once the process is completed, the mailbox data can be easily exported.
- Now, Open Inbox Folder and choose the emails that you wish to convert.
- Finally, right-click on it and then select the Save option.
- It opens a window from which the storage location can be selected. Store file to the desired location.
With the help of Microsoft Outlook
- Select the emails that have to be imported into WLM
- Then, drag the emails and drop them in the location of your choice.
Now, the below section will help you to import emails to Windows Live Mail from Outlook. Go, through the below section and complete the entire migration process:
- Run WLM email client → Select File Option.
- Now, Click on the Import option and select Messages.
- Afterward, select the WLM.
- In the end, mention the root directory where the folder and the message structures are to be located and then initiate the process.
Tip: You have to Run WLM as an Administrator.
Automated Solution to Transfer Outlook Emails to WLM
Since, the Manual technique is free of cost, but it has many limitations associated with the conversion process. It is mandatory to configure the mail id and consumes a lot of time and efforts. To overcome these problems, the best utility is SysTools PST Converter. Using this application, users can easily move emails from Outlook to Windows Live Mail.
This software is one of the best possible reliable solutions which helps in transferring emails to WLM without any data loss. Along with this, it supports to transfer Outlook data to multiple formats such as convert PST to ICS calendar file, PST to PDF, etc.
Download for Windows
Download for Mac
Quick Steps to Export Outlook to Windows Live Mail via EML are;
Step 1. Firstly, run the tool and add your PST file in the panel.
Step 2. Secondly, preview emails and select required items to export.
Step 3. Choose EML file format from the saving options.
Step 4. Select destination and click on Export button.
Need to Import Emails to Windows Live Mail from Outlook
There are number of reasons to perform this migration task. Some of the reasons are:
- One can store and located EML files from any location of your choice.
- Changing the name of the EML files does not allow any changes in the file.
- All EML files will be accessed anytime but any other file if accessed on the different systems can create multiple issues for the users.
The users have to face multiple problems when they import emails to Windows Live Mail from Outlook. While importing Outlook mails manually users stuck in multiple problems if they do not possess proper skills. After reading the above blog, users have come across both the Manual and professional utilities to resolve the issues easily. Hence, users can choose the appropriate techniques as per their needs and requirements.