In the year 2006, Google launches its Google business suite for its user’s names as G Suite. Just after its launch G Suite becomes the most popular cloud platform for emailing and storage purposes. Its all because of its features and services that attract the cloud users the most. G Suite consists of Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Contacts applications where users can store their data. It started widely used in business organizations and the educations field. But, the problem is, when a user wants to transfer G Suite to another account or domain. So, to help all users to understand the process we have created a G Suite to G Suite migration Guide. This guide explains the reasons for migration, the problem faced during migration, and how to transfer G Suite to another account.
Before that you should also read some user’s queries to get a better understanding:
Rachel Summers asks on Google Forum – Hello, I am looking for a method to migrate G Suite account data to a different domain. Our old G Suite domain was a temporary domain but it contains lots of data now, we have already bought a new domain and want to transfer all data into the newer G Suite domain. Please provide a method to transfer G Suite to another account in different domains.
Why User Migrate G Suite Domain?
There could be many reasons due to which Google business users prefer to perform G Suite to G Suite migration, some of them are as follows:
1. Organization want to changes its G Suite domain name
2. G Suite user change its organization / Institute
3. Migrate G Suite data when an employee leaves
4. Two or more organization collaborating with each other
What are the methods to perform G Suite to G Suite Migration
Currently, there are only two methods using which users can transfer their G Suite account data to another account/domain. First is by using Google’s Data Migration tool and another is by using G Suite Migration Tool. Both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages. Such as Data Migration service of Google allows to migrate email from one G Suite account to another of the same domain and the process of migration is very slow. But, the G Suite migration tool overcomes this drawback and limitations Google’s service. It is the best G Suite migration tool that can help the user to migrate email from one G Suite account to another without any hassle.
Method #1: Transfer G Suite to Another account using Professional Tool
The best method for G Suite to G Suite migration is by using SysTools G Suite Migrator. It is all in one migration tool which helps the user to migrate multiple users and complete data from one G Suite account to another account or domain. The other best feature is its Incremental migration, which allows you to migrate only a new email upon remigration of account data.
Advantages of Using G Suite Migration Tool
- Migrate emails, contact, calendars, documents all in one go
- Transfer multiple users accounts simultaneously
- Incremental migration to migrate only new emails
- Date filter option to transfer data of particular date range
- Multiple source and destination user mapping options
- Creates migration report after completion
Steps to Transfer G Suite to Another Account
Following are the migration steps for G Suite to G Suite migration:
1. Download and Install G Suite Migration tool
2. Select the migration source and destination as G Suite
3. Go to Settings and fulfill the pre-requisites
4. Enter the p12 file path and service client id of both Source and Destination account
5. Enter the Source Admin G Suite Credentials and Authenticate
6. Now, Enter Destination G Suite Admin Credentials and Authenticate
7. Select the category of data that you need to migrate and Apply filter for each.
8. Choose the Source and Destination Users ID mapping Option
9. Select the Users to account from the list and Apply priority for same
10. Click on the Start button to begin the migration process
Note: This method to perform G Suite to G Suite migration is simple and easy to perform.
Method #2: Migrate G Suite Account Data using Data Migration Tool
Another method using which users can transfer G Suite to another account is by using Google’s Data migration service. Although it is a free method for migration, there are some limitations to it too. Still, If a user wants they can follow the approach for the migration.
- Cannot migrate G Suite to Different Domain
- Doesn’t migrate Emails, Calendar, Contacts at the same time
- The migration process is slow
- Doesn’t provide Incremental migration
Steps to Transfer G Suite to Another Account
1. Go to G Suite Admin Center and Login
2. Now, Choose Data Migration from the Admin Panel
3. Now, Select the Migrate service as Email
4. Choose the Migration Source as G Suite from the Drop-down
5. Select the Connection protocol as Recommended and Enter Source admin credentials in role account
6. Apply the Filter (Optional)
7. Select the User type Single or Multiple and Proceed with respective steps as follows
- Single User: Enter Source user Id, password in Migrate From and Select destination user from Migrate To.
- Multiple User: Create a CSV file containing user id and Password. After that click on Attach file option and Click on Upload and Start Migration
8. After that migration process will begin and user data will start migrating
In this G Suite to G Suite mIgration Guide we have tried to explain the best possible method to transfer G Suite email to another account. You can choose the method you like for the migration. You can also try the free demo version of the SysTools G Suite Migrator which allows you to perform the migration of user 2 user account completely.