After doing deep research on the internet, I found that thousands of users are facing difficulty while converting Excel contacts to vCard format on Mac. We have come across some users who were converting their contacts one by one. rather than performing the whole conversion in batch. So, today I have an enigma to elucidate. Converting XLS files to VCF can be done at once rather than performing it one by one. This process can be performed in a couple of clicks only.
But the question arises How to Convert Excel files to vCard Format on Mac?
Well! Further, read this article and you will be able to get the answers to your queries related to how to convert Excel to VCF file on MAC along with a very brief introductions of the terms Excel and vCard?
Introduction to Excel File?
Excel file is a spreadsheet that comprises of one or more worksheets that organizes the data in rows and columns. These files can be used for managing all types of digital data, text, contacts, etc. These sheets use multiple mathematical formulas to manipulate crucial numerical data entered in blocks or cells. Excel uses and creates various files like XLSX, XLS, XLSM, etc.
Know About a vCard File?
vCard also known as VCF, is a standard file format for address books. The vCard file format is typically used for transferring business card data between computers. It includes a name, address, phone number, email address, and other important contact information. VCF files support custom fields, images, and other types of media as well.
Why Use a vCard Instead of Excel Files?
Excel files are one of the most used file formats to store and manage a large amount of data however it has its drawbacks as well. Such as:
• It does not allow us to share individual contact with the help of an emailing service or any other program. On the other side, you can create a single vCard for every contact and share it easily with any emailing service or program.
• vCard files are highly compatible with several email programs, devices, applications, and the best thing is you can access them from any operating system.
• Excel files are usually large in size where vCard is small. So, you can attach vCard to your emails and share them without any file size restrictions.
Methods to Convert Excel To VCF File Format for Mac
There are two methods for converting XLS/XLSM/XLSX files to VCF formats. You can perform this task both manually and with the help of an automated tool.
Manual Procedure to Convert Excel Files to VCF on Mac
Although the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program for Mac operating system does not completely export Excel files to VCF manually. You can work around it by converting your Excel file to a comma-separated text file, also known as CSV. Then, import it into the Mac Address Book application. From there, you can convert the Excel contacts to vCard file format.
- Open your Excel document, click on the “File” menu and select the “Save As” command.
- Select “Comma Separated Values (.csv)” as the file format and save the converted file to your desktop.
- Launch Address Book.
- From the file menu, click and select Import
- Highlight the CSV file and click on the “Open” button.
- Hold the “Shift” key and select all of the contacts which you want to export to the vCard file.
- Click on the “File” menu and expand the submenu of “Export” and choose “Export vCard.”
- Browse to the location where you want to store the vCard file and click “Save.”
Automated Solution to Convert Excel to VCF file on Mac
SysTools Mac Excel Converter Software is the perfect futuristic utility to convert XLSX/ XLS/ XLSM contacts to PST, PDF, HTML, TXT, etc. It can change your excel file to single or multiple vCards with the utmost ease. It has a user-intuitive interface which makes it the first choice of every user.
Features of the Converter Tool
• Transfer XLSX/ XLS/ XLSM contacts to multiple file formats like PST, PDF, HTML, TXT, etc.
• Renders to entirely map XLS/ XLSX/ XLSM contacts with the resulting file.
• Provides the auto-map option to map the Excel files columns automatically.
• Offers multiple vCard versions for the Excel conversion.
• Generates individual VCF, PDF, HTML, MSG, TXT for every Excel file.
• Export Excel contacts to vCard, HTML, TXT both with or without column mapping.
• Include/Exclude desired Excel file columns.
• Renders Add File(s) option to add single or multiple Excel files to vCard format.
• Compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 & all the above versions to convert Excel file contacts.
Steps of the Converter Tool
Step 1: Download and launch SysTools Mac Excel Converter
Step 2: Add Excel file & Select Excel Conversion Options
Step 3: Choose the file format in which you want to convert the Excel file.
Step 4: Click Export and your file will be exported.
Why Choose Automated Approach Over the Native Approach?
While converting Excel to vCard format manually, the biggest disadvantage that users face is that they have to perform this whole method again and again. The manual conversion method does not support bulk. While the professional approach helps you convert multiple files within few clicks. It also offers multiple vCard options to convert Excel to VCF File on Mac. It can transfer unlimited XLSX/ XLS/ XLSM contacts to selected format at once.
In the above-mentioned article, we have enclosed both the manual and automated methods to convert Excel Files to vCard files for Mac. Now it is on you, and choose what suits you the best to convert Excel contacts to vCard!