A portable document format or simply known as PDF can be secured using a user password. There is also another way to secure a PDF by restricting activities in the PDF. For that, we use owner password security. A user password is used to avoid other people accessing the content of the PDF document or a file. Generally, we call it a document open password. In this article you will know how to unlock PDF Password offline.
To unlock the PDF there are various online and offline options available.
Here I will tell you how to remove PDF password Offline is a most secure manner. First, I will talk about a trick that will conveniently remove PDF password. Then, I will talk about 2 professional methods that will talk about how to remove password protection from PDF after opening.
Now before we head on to the solution, I would like to tell you that all the below-mentioned methods will be going to need the User Password. It is illegal to crack the user password. So if you forgot a PDF password then, there is no way to open the PDF document. However, if you want to get rid of PDF restriction without a permission password then, I have a perfect solution for you. Keep reading!
How to Remove PDF Password Offline By Printing
In this trick, we are NOT going to use a PDF password remover software. Actually, we are going to print your PDF. You will get the duplicate copy of your PDF that will be free of open password protection.
Note: This method will not work if your PDF is having a print restriction. But you can try this method because most PDFs have only a user password.
There are numerous ways to perform this trick. If you use Google Chrome on any operating system you can print the PDF right through your browser.
- Firstly, open the PDF file and give its password. Now, Click on the “Print” button on the PDF toolbar while viewing the password-protected PDF.
- Secondly, select the “Change” button under Destination and click on the “Save as PDF” option. Press the “Save” button and you’ll be asked to give a name and location for your print copy. You will get the exact copy of your source PDF but without having a user password.
You can perform this trick using other applications as well. For example, Windows 10 includes a PDF printer, which means you can carry out the print process through Microsoft Edge or any other PDF viewer on Windows.
For Mac operating system follows these steps:
- Open your PDF file in the Preview application (default PDF Viewer in Mac) by providing the password.
- Click on the File menu then select the Print option. A print dialogue box will be open.
- Click on the “PDF” menu button given at the bottom and select “Save as PDF”. Enter a file name and location.
Note: The resulting PDF won’t have selectable text if you are using the PDF printing trick.
This is the printing trick. You can take the screenshot of the PDF document.
How to Unlock PDF Password Offline using Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro is a paid application that can help you to remove passwords from PDF files in offline mode. See the steps below:
- Open your encrypted PDF document in Adobe Acrobat Pro application. Give its password to view it.
- Now, press the lock icon at the left side of the panel and click on “Permission Details”.
- In the “Security Method” box, click “No Security” then click “OK” to remove the open password.
- Lastly, click on the File then click on “Save to save your changes”.
But the biggest downside of this application is that it is highly expensive. For unlocking a PDF password, you will have to pay a hefty amount. Also, if you any kind of restriction in the PDF document then, it will need a permission password to remove restrictions from them.
Do not worry, SysTools PDF Password Unlocker is the most affordable professional tool to remove PDF document open password or user password. Let’s know its features in detail.
How to Unlock PDF Password OFFLINE Using an Automated Tool
It is a PDF password remover tool that can unlock PDF password and remove the following PDF restrictions without needing an owner-level password:
- Document Assembly
- Template creation
- PDF form filling
It easily allows to unlock 128 (AES & RC4) / 256 bit AES encryption from PDF files. With this, it supports all different versions of Adobe PDF.
Both Windows & MAC versions tools are available.
The Bottom Line
Here, I have explained to you the perfect solution to how to unlock PDF password offline. If the above manual trick works for you then, it’s more than fine. But if you want a professional solution that also removes PDF restrictions on Windows and Mac operating systems then, you should go for the SysTools designed PDF Password Unlocker.