Are you searching for the solution to import contacts to Gmail from Excel? Then let me tell you, this is the place where you will get the medicine for your headache/pain.
Well, Microsoft Excel is a well-known application to store a large amount of data. The problem arises when a user needs to convert an excel sheet to google contacts.
In the upcoming section, we are going to discuss how a user can easily import excel contacts to Gmail from excel. So, without much a hassle here live dive right in…
Import Contacts to Gmail from Excel – Manually
As Gmail does not support Excel XLS / XLSX files. So the user needs to convert Excel contacts in CSV file format and then import the CSV file to the google account. Let’s check out the methods to do this conversion.
Step 1: Save Excel File to CSV Format
- First, Open your Excel file which you want to convert
- Arrange your data in proper cell groups
- Use Ctrl + Shift + S key to open the “Save As” menu
- Select Text CSV file format from the Drop-down menu
- Browse the designation and save the Excel file in CSV file format
You have completed the first step successfully to transfer XLSX contacts file to Gmail from excel. Now user can move towards the second step to bring in the CSV file to Gmail.
Step 2 Import CSV File into Gmail
- Open your default browser
- Make sure that you have logged in with the required account
- Click on the 9 dots displayed above and select the Contact field
- Now click on the import button placed on the left-hand side menu
- Simply, browse and add the file to Gmail and click “OK“.
That’s how you can save excel contacts to Gmail. But if you have multiple contact files, then it’s a headache process to convert files in CSV format and then import them. In this case, the user can go with an alternative approach. Let’s explore more about it in the next section.
Expert Solution to Import Contacts to Gmail from Excel
Excel Contacts Converter an excellent solution to perform bulk conversion of Excel files to CSV file format. It allows importing multiple Excel contacts to CSV file format. Also, this utility offers you to map the excel column of the selected Excel file.
For Mac OS
Moreover, this tool come-up with a dedicated Google CSV settings. By enabling, this option will create the google CSV file. This application is also ability to convert Excel contacts to MSG and convert Excel to PDF other file formats with all contact details. In the next section of the blog, we will discuss the working steps of the program in detail. Apart from it, you can download and run this for free and access demo edition features. Let’s check out the working of this software.
Also Read: How to Import Excel File into Outlook Account
Steps to Import Multiple Excel File to Gmail
Here we are going to take a look at the working of this software. Just follow the steps listed below for good.
- Initial step is to download and launch the software
- After, successful installation of software click on the browse button to Add an excel file
- The scanning process will begin. Once it gets done you can preview the added files
- Select the CSV radio button from the Export option tab
- This software comes with two options standard CSV and Google CSV
- Afterward, select the location to save and click on the Export button
- Now you can preview the exported CSV files to the designation location.
I hope you all will understand how to import contacts to Gmail from Excel. Most of the user prefer to use an automated tool to prevent data loss and time. One can use any of the methods as per his/her requirement.