How to Remove Duplicates from PST File- Top 4 Solutions
Keen to know how to remove duplicates from PST file in Outlook? Because you are facing problems due to duplicate files, then you are on the right page. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss some of the best techniques to get rid of duplicates from Outlook PST file.
Well, we know that Outlook is the most popular and secure email client hence, a large number of users use Microsoft Outlook on a daily basis. And due to daily uses, they face the problem of the continuous creation of junk data files like duplicate emails, calendar entries, contacts, etc.
Moreover, duplicates files in PST create various consequences like slowing down the system performance, freezing or logging of Outlook program, storage issues. And sometimes due to oversizing of the PST file, there is a high chance of PST file corruption. So it is very important to remove duplicates from PST file. But before starting the blog let’s see the reasons for duplicates in Outlook PST.
Major Reasons Behind Generating Duplicates in PST File
As we mentioned above that you may face several consequences due to duplicate PST files in Outlook. Therefore, in this section, we are going to discuss what are the causes of duplicate files in the Outlook program and why it is important to remove duplicates from PST file?
- Receiving same spam emails in Outlook from different companies, some of the company repeatedly send the same newsletter or emails which creates a duplicate inbox
- If the user enables the option “leaves a message on the server” then Outlook automatically generate multiple replicas of the same emails
- Continuous synchronization of Outlook email with multiple devices like another laptop, mobile tablet.
- Third-party anti-virus program also creates duplicate emails in the Outlook PST file.
How to Remove Duplicates from PST Files?
There are several methods to remove duplicate from the Outlook PST file. Some best ones are listed below. So, you can opt for any method as per you’re your requirement.
- Delete Duplicates from Outlook using Import/Export Wizard
- Check Account Settings
- Delete Duplicates from Outlook Via Clean Up Tool
- Smart Way to Remove Duplicates from PST File
Method:1 Remove Duplicates from Using Import/Export Wizard
Users can remove duplicates from the Outlook PST file by using the Import/Export feature. So, follow the listed below steps to complete the process.
- First, open Outlook and click on File option >> Open & Export >> Import/Export Option.
- Now, select “Import from another program of file” from Import/Export Wizard >> Next.
- After that, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next button.
- Now, click on the browse button to browse the .pst file and tick on “Do not import duplicate” option >> Next.
- After all the settings, click on the Finish button.
Method 2: Check Account Settings
There is a possibility of duplicates file in Outlook while configuring the PST file more than one time by mistake in Outlook. In that case, multiple accounts were added to your Outlook with the same PST files. Thus, to verify the multiple accounts, follow the steps listed below:
- Open Outlook and go to File option and then Info >>Account Settings.
- After that, an Account Settings window will open
- Now, go to the E-mail tab and look for the account you have configured in Outlook. If it is appearing more than one time, simply remove it.
- To remove, simply move the cursor to the E-mail account and click on the Remove button.
Method 3: Remove Duplicates from PST File Via Clean Up Tool
Microsoft offers Clean Up Tool that will help you to remove duplicate files from Outlook.
- First, start Outlook.
- After that, click on the Clean Up tool from the ribbon bar and expand it.
- When you expand it, three options will be displayed and that is Clean Up Conversation, Clean
- Up Folders, and Clean Up Folders and Subfolders.
- Now, choose Clean Up Folder & Subfolders option.
- Now, a dialog box will pop up, asking whether to proceed with clean up or cancel? Simply click on the Clean Up Folder option.
- Click on the Setting option to enter the Deleted Items folder.
- After clicking on Settings an Outlook Option window will open. Click on the Browse button.
- Now, Choose Deleted Items and then click on the OK button.
- After all the settings, click on the Clean Folder option to remove duplicates from PST files in Outlook.
Drawback of Removing Duplicate PST Files from Outlook Manually
All the manual methods discussed above are useful only when the mailbox data is small in size. But, if you have a large number of mailbox data in Outlook, then you might face some drawbacks like it is unable to identify the exact number of a duplicate files in the mailbox of Outlook.
While using the Clean Up tool it starts generating error messages like “No messages were cleaned up. Only messages that satisfy with Clean Up setting will be removed to the trash folder” So, deleting the duplicates from Outlook using the manual method is not a good option.
How to Remove Duplicates from PST File Professionally?
As we said above, there are some obstacle that appears while using the manual method. So, if you are looking for simple and reliable solutions to remove duplicate files from Outlook, then go for the professional solution. The best Outlook duplicate remover tool is one such advanced application that easily deletes all duplicates from PST files in Outlook.
This software allows users to remove the duplicates from multiple Outlook PST/OST/BAK files at once. As well as a create report containing all details of a duplicate item after cleaning up duplicate files from Outlook.
Step by Step Method to Delete PST Duplicate Items:
- Run the tool and add PST files.
- Set criteria to remove duplicate items.
- Choose the delete option in “Actions”.
- Finally, remove duplicates from PST file.
Duplicate data in Outlook is a common issue, which affects the mailbox functionality and performance. Therefore, in this article, we have covered all the possible ways to Remove Duplicates from PST Files. Now, it is up to you to choose the method as per your requirement.