Are you facing the zip file error 0x80004005 unzip in Windows 10? If so, you’ve come to the right blog! This message is typically displayed when you try to rename or extract a folder or file in file explorer. Along with the error code, the dialog also displays the following message on the screen: “An unexpected error prevents you from renaming the folder. “In this blog, we will tell you both manual and automatic methods to fix error code 0x80070057.
What Could Be the Reason Behind Zip Error Code 0x80004005?
Error code 0x80004005 also usually occurs when you can’t even access a shared folder or drive. You can also install Windows Update if you can use a specific program or if there’s a problem. Therefore, the most common causes of error code 0x80004005 are:
- The problem is with Windows Update.
- Windows notification issues.
- Problems that can open or delete compressed files and folders.
- Starting a virtual machine
- Unpacking Compressed File
How to Fix Zip File Error 0x80004005 Unzip on Windows 10?
Method 1: Change File Permission Settings
Follow these steps:
- Copy the folder to the system folder
- Right- click the zip data file and choose Properties
- Click on the Security tab, choose the system under group or username and Click OK
- Enable full control for permissions for the system
- Go to Forward, select System for Permission Entry: and select OK.
Method 2: Run the SFC command
- Type a command prompt in the Windows search bar.
- Right-click the command prompt and Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Type SFC / scannow in the command prompt window and click enter.
Note: SFC may request a Windows installation DVD to fix a major issue. Some files stored on your computer may be deleted during the repair.
Professional Approach to Fix Zip File Error 0x80004005 Unzip
SysTools Zip Repair is the best way to fix Zip error 0x80004005. You can easily repair a badly damaged Zip file without losing any data. This tool is specially designed to repair and recover data from corrupted Windows backup files. Therefore, the software can repair and restore backup files from an external hard drive without displaying an error code. Therefore, there are no compatibility issues with the tool. The Program is compatible with all versions of the Windows OS including Windows 10.
Steps to Troubleshoot Error Code 0x80070057
Below, we will discuss the steps to resolve zip file data error 0x80004005 unzip. To perform the process successfully you just need to follow all the instructions.
- Download and Launch SysTools Recovery Software on your local system.
- Select the “Browse” Option to add Zip file.
- Choose the scanning mode and click Scan to start the scanning process. After this scanning process is completed
- Now, the tool offers two different modes to extract Zip data files.
- Here you need to choose a destination location by browsing and clicking the Extract button for backup.
- Finally, the tool will disclose the path to the extracted files along with the associated information.
In this article, we have summarized the zip file error 0x80004005 unzip and its causes. In this article, we have also shared two different methods to solve this error which you can use one by one. If the given manual method fails to fix the error code 0x80070057 then you can use professional solution BKF recovery software.