Are you looking for a way on how to download all emails from Lotus Notes to a local folder, then you are on the right path? Here in this blog, we are going to share the two most secure ways to save all emails from form Lotus Notes to a local folder.
Well, we know that Lotus Notes is one of the most used email clients. And the reason behind its popularity is its various security features. But on the other hand, it is very complex and requires technical users. Hence many users start switching from Lotus Notes to another email client such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, and more. But rather than switching, there are also many reasons that force users to download all emails form Notes and some of them mentioned below:
Reasons Why Users Want to Download Emails From IBM Notes?
Here in this section, we are going to discuss some more reasons that are responsible for the same task.
- Many users want to create to backup of there Lotus Notes emails so that he/she wants to save all their emails from IBM Notes.
- Many users want to open the Lotus Notes Emails to other email clients so for the email migration process they want to know how to download all emails from Lotus Notes.
- To make a space in the Lotus Notes mailbox users also want to save their emails for IBM Notes to a local folder.
How to Download All Emails From Lotus Notes to Local Folder?
If you want to know the techniques to complete this task, then here in this section we are going to discuss the two best possible way to complete the task without any data loss. In the first method, we discuss the free manual way to save all emails from Lotus Notes to a local folder and in the second technique, we cover the automated method to export all emails from IBM Notes. So with the waste of your time let’s jump into the procedure.
Manual Way to Save All Email Messages from Lotus Notes
There are two methods to save IBM Notes emails manually and here we have discussed both of them.
Method 1: Save Lotus Notes Email One at Time
1. Firstly you have to run Lotus Notes on your system
2. After that open the email that you wish to download
3. Now, click on the File option from the above menu bar and choose Save As option from the listed menu
4. After that choose the desired destination location to save the messages and click on the Save option
Method 2: Drag and Drop Option to Download Emails form Lotus Notes
1. First, open the Lotus Notes Home page
2. Click on the File button from the top menu ribbon and select the Preferences option
3. Under the Preferences window choose the Basic Notes Client Configuration option
4. Go fo the Additional options section
5. Under the Additional Options, choose Drag and drop save as eml file option
6. Click on the OK button to save the changes
7. Once the setting is done you can now drag and drop an email from Lotus Notes to save EML format in a desirable location
Demerits of the Manual
We all are aware of the fact that every free manual method has some merits and demerits too. So, in this section, we have mentioned a few limitations of the manual method that you may encounter while downloading all emails from Lotus Notes
The manual approaches work flawlessly if you want to download a single emails Lotus Note email.
The above process works only on the Lotus Notes edition 8.5 and above versions
There is a chance of data corruption if there is a power cut or sudden break down of a system
How to Download All Emails From Lotus Notes Automatically
As we see the manual method is only applicable when you have less number of emails to save from Lotus Notes and in the case of huge numbers of emails you can try the SysTools NSF Converter tool. This tool gives you an option to save multiple emails from Lotus Notes in a few clicks.
The tool also gives you the option to export lotus notes emails in three file formats such as MBOX, MSG, and EML. And the best part is that the software has dedicated features to maintain folder hierarchy so users will not face any data loss or changes in the folder structure.
Steps to Download All Email from Lotus Notes
1. First Download the software
2. Install the software on your system
3. Run the software and choose the Add NSF file radio button then click on the Add Files or Add Folder
4. One can also add NSF directly from the Domino Server by providing IP address and password
5. Choose an export option as per your choice
6. Select the Mail option from the categories option
7. Choose the Advance Conversion Options as per your requirement
8. Select the desired destination location to save the emails form Lotus Notes
9. Click on the Export option to start the process
There are various reasons that force users to save multiple emails from Lotus Notes but due to limitations of the manual method users, not able to complete this task in bulk. Therefore, here in this blog, we have discussed the automated as well as manuals ways on how to download all emails from Lotus Notes. Now, it up to you to choose the right way to complete this task.