How to Export Contacts from Thunderbird into PST, VCF, LDIf, & vCard Format
Export Contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook PST, VCF, LDIF, & vCard Formats
Thunderbird application is basically a free email developed by the Mozilla Foundation. Importing or Exporting Thunderbird contacts to a file is really easy, especially in CSV or vCard format. It easily works for any type of contact, whether the email addresses or any other details of the colleagues, business partners, friends, or customers, etc. When it’s time to back up Thunderbird contacts in Mozilla, there are manual as well as automated solutions such as MAB Converter to export contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook, VCF, or vCard file formats. The file formats can be selected accordingly, depending on where you want to access that file.
For example, some users want to access the contacts in other applications like Gmail, Outlook, Android phones, etc.
Why there is a Need to Export Contacts from Thunderbird into Different Formats
There might be many possible reasons responsible for Thunderbird address book conversion to other formats. Some of the major reasons are:
- To synchronize contacts with other email clients
- Access Mozilla Address Book in Android Phone
- To convert and save as backup file
How to Export Contacts from Thunderbird into PST, VCF, LDIF, & vCard Formats
To transfer Mozilla Thunderbird Address Book contacts to Gmail, Outlook, Android Phones, or any other email client, one can go for manual as well as automated solutions are given below:
Method 1: Export Contacts Thunderbird Contacts to LDIF, VCF, or vCard Format
To move Mozilla Thunderbird contacts into VCF or vCard formats manually, go through the following steps carefully.
To export Thunderbird contacts, follow the steps below:
- Go to Mozilla Thunderbird >> Click on Address Book.
- Select the Address Book you want to export.
- Now, go to the Tools tab >> Click on Export.
- Select Comma Separated (.csv) format in the Format drop-down box.
- Now, choose a location to save the exported list >> Click on Save.
Limitations of Manual Method
There are some shortcomings of the above manual method, such as:
- The process is a bit lengthy and thus time-consuming.
- There are chances that the file might get corrupted sometimes.
- It converts Thunderbird contacts in VCF and LDIF formats only.
Some user finds the above-mentioned method quite lengthy and complex to transfer Thunderbird contacts to VCF, vCard, or LDIF formats. One can avoid this by using the best Thunderbird Address Book Converter in place of the manual method.
Method 2: Export Contacts from Thunderbird into PST, VCF, LDIF, & vCard Formats
This application seamlessly transfers Thunderbird contacts to Outlook PST and other file formats. The program provides an option to add the file or a folder to initiate the export process. Furthermore, this MAB Converter tool has the ability to migrate a number of .mab files which helps to save time and even speeds up the entire process to convert Thunderbird contacts into CSV, vCard, PST, or LDIF. This software even supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Operating Systems. Some of the top features of this converter are:
- Exports Thunderbird Address Book into CSV format easily
- Transfers Mozilla Thunderbird contacts into PST, VCF vCard, and LDIF also
- The tool migrates MAB files to Office 365 of any size without losing any data
- Provides options to view in Vertical and Horizontal mode
- After completing the export process, provide a status report in CSV format
- It is compatible with all the versions of the Windows Operating System
When it comes to transferring data to Microsoft Outlook from Thunderbird, exporting contacts becomes one of the easy tasks, according to the user. But, it is necessary to know the complete steps to export Thunderbird to PST. The above write-up has described the solutions to export contacts from Thunderbird into PST, CSV, VCF, LDIF, or vCard formats. The above methods can easily implement to switch Thunderbird contacts to iCloud and other file formats. Both the manual as well as the automated solution can transfer Thunderbird contacts. As the manual method is a bit time-consuming, so we recommend you to use the converter application which smoothly exports Thunderbird address book to MS Outlook without losing any data in a hassle-free way.