Are you among those users who are searching for the query – why PDF file cannot be printed? Then, no need to worry because here we have provides the best solution to resolve this issue. So, let’s get started.
There are many good reasons due to which people prefer PDF files for sending or receiving the documents. Because these files are independent of hardware, Operating system or the application used to create the document. PDF files can be easily transferred across multiple platforms. But, sometimes users find issues while printing PDF documents. They find that the PDF file cannot be printed or the ‘Print’ option is disabled. Moreover, while printing these files using Adobe Acrobat Reader program an error message i.e. “The document could not be printed” gets generated. Hence, to resolve such issues, here in this blog post we have provided different solutions. But, firstly let’s understand the important reason behind this problem.
Main Reason Due to Which PDF File Cannot be Printed
One of the most important root cause due to which users are unable to print PDF documents is the “restrictions”. When files are secured or restricted users cannot perform any operation on it, whether they are having Windows or Mac OS. Secured PDF files have print option disabled or greyed out. Therefore, to enable print option in PDF document firstly remove security restrictions from PDF. For that refer to any solution described in this blog post.
Remove Print Security from PDF on Windows OS
To remove print restrictions from PDF document one can follow these simple steps:
1) Launch and Run the Software.
2) Click on the Unlock option to begin the process
3) Then, Browse PDF on your local system
4) Preview of all permissions is shown
5) Then, choose destination location to save resultant PDF
6) Click Unlock PDF button to start the process
Use Google Drive When PDF File Cannot be Printed
Google Drive provides the functionality enable print option in PDF file. It can be done by using these steps:
1) Firstly, open your Google Drive account
2) Then, Click on Upload Files to upload the secured PDF document
3) Double click your PDF and click on the Print icon
4) Then, click the Change button and double-click Save as PDF option
5) Now, hit the Save button and select the destination location for the resultant file
6) Double click on the new PDF which can be easily printed
“Yesterday I downloaded some reports in PDF file format online but, when I tried to click the Print option I had found that the PDF file cannot be printed on Mac OS. I don’t know I am unable to print PDF file. I need the hard copy of this document on an urgent basis. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?”
Enable Print Option in PDF on Mac OS
SysTools Mac PDF Unlocker utility allows users to remove print security from PDF files in batch. Users don’t need to worry about the file size limitation the software supports to unlock large size PDF files. Moreover, it can remove any type of security present in the PDF document. The program is compatible with Mac OS 10.8 and all above versions. Now, to remove print security from PDF files follows these simple steps:
1) Download and Launch the tool
2) Batch insert PDF by clicking Add PDF File(s) or Folder(s)
3) Select the destination location for the resultant document
4) Then, click the Unlock button to start the process
5) View Export Report and Unlocked PDF Files
Many people are concerning about the issue i.e. “The document could not be printed”. Due to security users find that the PDF file cannot be printed. Hence, for the resolution of the problem, we have described different solutions for both Windows or Mac OS. So, to enable print option in PDF users can select any method as per their convenience.