Unformat Hard Drive Data Using Scan Disk on Windows
Hard disk formatting means preparing the disk for use by deleting all the files from the hard disk. On the other hand, unformatting a hard drive means recovering data from a formatted hard drive. Sometimes users need to restore deleted files from a formatted hard disk. Most users do not know how to unformat a hard drive. So, in this blog, we are going to discuss the method to unformat hard drive data. There is no direct method to do this so we have to use a third-party utility to recover important data from an accidentally formatted hard disk.
Overview of Format and Unformat
Format: This is the process of preparing a data storage partition and removing all data from the partition to create a file system for the disk. There are certain situations where you need to format your hard drive. For example, if the hard drive’s file system is RAW, Windows indicates that the drive is not formatted or that the hard drive is infected with a virus. This state. Apart from these situations, you may accidentally format your hard drive or external storage device.
Unformat: This is the process of recovering data from a formatted storage device (hard drive, USB drive or SD card). If users want to recover data lost due to formatting, they need to reformat the hard drive. This can only be done using automatic software or a manual data recovery service
Reasons to Unformat Hard Drive Data
Before going to discuss how to unformat a hard disk, the user should first figure out when the unformatting process is possible. Hard disk formatting is the process of creating an empty space on a hard drive by deleting all data from it. Formatting a hard drive can be done in two formats, which are mentioned below:
- Low-level format: This format creates a physical structure and damages the hard disk, which may lead to data loss. Due to loss of information, low-level formats cannot be used to unformat hard disk data.
- High-level format: It is the process of creating the disk logical structures, such as the file allocation tables and master boot record. We can recover hard drive data in high-level format.
When a user formats a hard drive, they will lose everything on the drive, no matter which format method they adopt. Therefore, it is very important to have a backup of everything they might need later. However, if they do not have a backup of the hard drive, they can still have a chance to unformat the hard drive to retrieve their files in high-level format. A low-level format will damage the drive physically and reduce the life of the disk, so due to data loss in a low-level format, a user cannot recover hard drive data from a low-level format.
How to Unformat Hard Drive Data? Using Alternative Software
There is no manual method present to restore deleted files from a formatted hard disk. So, we have to use a third-party tool to unformat the hard disk. Hard Disk Recovery Software is used to recover data from laptop hard drives that won’t boot.
To recover formatted data from hard disk with the help of a hard drive data recovery tool, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Download and launch the tool on your machine and then click on the Scan Disk button.
2. After that, select the drive from which you want to recover data and then click on the Partition button to proceed further.
3. The Recovery Options window will appear; choose the Formatted Partition option from it and then click on the button.
4. After the completion of recovery, a window will appear. Click on the search button to perform a particular file search by providing the specific details, such as the creation date, the last modified date, the Name or a term or extension to be searched.
5. To extract and save the desired files or folders within the results, you need to select the files or folders on the left pane. Right-click on the selected files or folders, and then choose the Extract Selected Folders option.
6. You need to choose the destination folder where you want to save files. You can also make a new folder by clicking on the Make New Folder button, as per your needs. After that, click on the OK button.
Advantages of this Automatic Software
- This tool recovers hard disk data from formatted disks without losing data.
- The interface of the hard drive data recovery tool is very simple and user-friendly.
- It provides the option to recover selective files or folder as per your requirement
- It provides the option to search within recovered data to retrieve important data.
- It allows users to save and recover data files at the desired location on their machine.
- There is no file size limitation for recovering data files by using this software.
- It is compatible with Windows 11, 8, 8.1, 7 and all versions below.
- It can restore complete data from a completely formatted hard disk.
- Recover deleted files and folders from a formatted hard drive.
Sometimes users format their hard drive to make space for new data but after formatting, they release that they have also deleted some important files from their hard drive. At that time, they need to recover hard drive data from the formatted hard disk. So, in this blog, we have discussed how users can unformat hard drive data. There is no direct method to recover deleted files from a formatted hard disk; a user can do this with the help of an automatic utility, i.e., hard drive data recovery software. This tool is one of the best tools to recover data from a formatted hard disk.
Commonly Asked Question by User
Q: How do I recover an unformatted disk?
Follow these steps to fix the problem with formatting your external hard drive:
- Removing viruses
- Update your hardware drivers
- Run System File Checker.
- Run CHKDSK
- Format your external hard drive using DiskPart.
- Delete a partition and create a new volume
Q: Will formatting delete data permanently?
Formatting your hard drive using the Quick Format feature does not completely delete all stored data. Data can still be found and recovered using data recovery software.