When the users try to export Exchange mailbox to PST file from Exchange Environment, there are a good number of chances of facing issues. Although, Microsoft offers users to move mailboxes via PowerShell commands and Exchange Admin Center. Still, many non-technical users face issues and find it difficult to get the job done.
Microsoft Exchange is used in many small and large-scale organizations due to its wide set of features. It helps organizations in managing user mailboxes, provides storage, and many other useful features.
Note: To prevent all this data from Exchange DB corruption, crash, hacking, accidental deletion, hardware, software failure, etc., users export their Exchange mailboxes to Outlook data files to keep their mailbox data safe and secure.
If any disaster happens in the future then they have a backup file from which they can retrieve all their data back to Exchange and access their mailbox. To perform this task, they use the manual solution provided by Microsoft Exchange but they face certain error which is described in the below section.
Error While Exporting Exchange Mailboxes to PST File Format
In the below section, we discussed, some common error deal by Exchange User’s
1) Export Mailbox Command Not Recognized:
The root cause of this Powershell Command error is:
- The wrong path of the destination folder
- Incorrect Path of Source Mailbox, from where a user needs to save the resulting file.
- No Export-Import Permission granted to Administrator to Export Exchange mailbox to PST file format via PowerShell.
2) Export Mailbox MAPI Error Or Unspecified Service Provider in Exchange:
In this error user deal with, a prompt message
“Export Mailbox MAPI Error Or Unspecified Service Provider” or Error Code: 1056749164″ “or ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000″ or error Code=”0xc1054005″, Event ID: 1008”.
The root cause of this Command error is:
3) Mailbox Export Request Stuck Queued:
Sometimes after running the Power-shell export command, Exchange user needs to wait for a long time due to “mailbox export request stuck in queued” error and mailbox items do not move from Source mailbox Folder to Destination folder of PST file.
4) Exchange Export Access to the Path is Denied:
While using Command “[PS] C :\> New-MailboxExportRequest “userabc” -FilePath “\\MYSERVER\PST\userabc.pst <file://MYSERVER/PST/userabc.pst>” to export Exchange mailboxes to PST, a prompt appear with the message “+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [New-MailboxExportRequest], RemotePermanentException”. This error can arise either due to file path issue or parameter used with the export Command such as [-BadItemLimit], [-IncludeFolders <String>], [-Exclude Folders <String>], [-ContentFilter ] etc.
As we observe from the above section, there can be multiple reasons due to which the users find it difficult to export Exchange mailbox to PST format. There are some scenarios where some IT experts also get stuck in these issues.
Automated Wizard to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST Format Without Error
Exchange Export Tool is a user-friendly software that can export Exchange mailboxes and data items such as emails, user contacts, calendar items, tasks, journals. The software auto-detect, scan & load the AD (Active Directory) and preserve the actual folder structure after exporting Exchange mailbox to PST file. It auto-generates the export report which stores the success and the fail count of exported Exchange data.
The application is compatible with Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and the below versions.
This utility doesn’t require in-depth knowledge and skill to use it. Any user can use this tool easily without any interruption. If users want to export contacts to PST files or any other mailbox items along with mailboxes, then they can export it easily with the help of this software.
Key Features Of Alternative Method
1. Option to Manage Folder Structure or Hierarchy of User Mailboxes
2. Export mailbox items such as tasks, journals, contacts, calendar, notes, mails
3. Search Sub-Domain User Created in Exchange Environment
4. Use Date Filter to Export only selected Desired Date-Range Items
5. Split Resulted in PST File to avoid file size issues.
6. Preview Mailbox Name List stored in Exchange Environment and Permission Before Migration Process
Steps to Export Exchange Mailbox To PST Format Without Error
1. Now Download and Launch Software to start the process of Exchange Migration.
2. Now to Access the Desired Exchange Environment, you need to provide the credentials details such as:
a. Admin SMTP Address & Password
b. Active Directory IP & Exchange Server IP,
c. Include Sub-Domain User, Exchange Server Version (2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003) > Click on the Login button.
3. Now, the software will verify the credentials. After that, you can preview the details of Exchange such as Mailboxes Name and Permission details.
Select the User Mailboxes in utility to start the process of Exporting mailboxes to PST from Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, and other versions.
4. Now Software displays Preview panel, from where naive as well as Administrator user can select the Mailbox Items such as Mails, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Journal Section to save in a .pst file.
5. Select either Complete Mailbox via Radio Button or use Date Filter to select, where you need to provide a range of Date to export only the items of selected dates into a .pst file format.
7. Similarly, use Date Filter for another section to continue the Export process.
6. Now if you want to maintain the “Folder Hierarchy” between the Exchange mailboxes and resulted in PST File, Check the option “Maintain Folder Hierarchy” and if the user wants to save the resulted PST File in multiple PST File, then check option “Split options, for Outlook Data File”.
7. Browse the location to save the resulting PST File within the system. You can also view the Live progress report of exporting Exchange mailboxes to PST File format.
At last, the Exchange mailboxes are successfully exported to the PST file format.
Note: There are times when users have an offline and dismounted Exchange database file then in that case the solution provided here won’t be useful. For this, users can use the EDB Converter software provided by SysTools which support dismounted/offline EDB file (Private & Public). It is used by numerous IT professionals, Exchange, and novice users to backup Exchange mailbox to PST file in a simplified way without any hassle. This advanced utility offers provided Quick and Advance scanning mode which removes minimal & major corruption from Exchange database file. After recovery, users can easily extract Exchange EDB to PST file format in a hassle-free way without any hindrance.
In Exchange Environment, the user can export Exchange mailbox to PST file format via Power-shell Command and Exchange Admin Center, but sometimes user deals with the different kinds of export issues like export-mailbox command not recognized, access Path is Denied, request stuck queued, MAPI errors.
Either Exchange user tries the manual approaches to fix the issues or uses an automated solution offered by SysTools to directly export mailboxes and items.