A Tutorial On Thunderbird Error : The Current Operation on Inbox Did not Succeed
Before going in depth of the entire topic let’s go through the main users concern.
“I have used Mozilla Thunderbird on many systems. I am so used to it that my world goes in deep shadow if anything happens to my Thunderbird Email. I am only comfortable with the menu. In last 1 month I have set many Thunderbird Email Profiles. But, it is continuously showing the Current Operation on Inbox did not succeed. Any leads shall be appreciated!”
So, if you want to resolve the complete issue, you can convert the MBOX files to PST and then access in any platform. Another approach is changing the mailing client and then opening it by a viewer. But, this method is not relevant as it is not a proper approach to resolve the error. To understand it briefly, let’s go through the proper solution described below to migrate .mbox files into .pst in bulk
Manual Solution to Resolve Thunderbird Error : The Current Operation on Inbox, Draft, Sent, Trash Did not Succeed
- Put Credentials of your Gmail account, which will act as a mediator between Thunderbird MBOX files and Outlook.
- Launch Thunderbird mail client and click on Mail >> Preferences
- In the current wizard, hit on Accounts tab for adding new mail account
- Select + icon & add Gmail account in Thunderbird program.
- From your service provider window, select Google and then click on Continue
- Enter your Gmail id and then hit on Next button
- Put your respective password for the related Gmail Account and then select Next
- Choose mailbox to be used for Gmail account in Thunderbird and opt for Done option
- In Account screen, you will get to see the added Gmail IMAP account listed on the left hand side of preview screen.
- Exit current window and Login your Thunderbird program again
- After successfully adding the Gmail account in Thunderbird Mailing client, right click on mailbox folder of configured Gmail account. Afterwards, choose the New Mailbox option.
- Figure out the Location of New Mailbox and provide the name. Afterwards, click on OK button.
- Import all the MBOX files to Mozilla Thunderbird account. Open the MBOX file by following the steps mentioned below:
1. In Thunderbird, Go to File option>> Select Import Mailboxes
2. Choose the Files of MBOX Format and opt for Continue
3. Figure out location of MBOX files stored and select Choose
4. After all the steps are complete, all files are imported in Thunderbird. Click on Done to continue the entire process.
- After all the steps are accomplished, open messages of sources in MBOX file
- Choose all messages to be opened in Outlook or the messages that needs to be sifted. Right Click on the messages
- If you does not require to keep the copy of mails in Thunderbird, select Move To option and select Copy To and afterwards proceed
- Locate the configured Gmail Account Mailbox created earlier
- Keep a track on the live messages copied and in case it is completed, check the copied/moved MBOX messages
Note: In case, users want to delete the configured Gmail Account from Mozilla Thunderbird mail account they can do it as in further steps it is not required.
- Exit the entire setup and Open Outlook
- Go to Outlook and then Preferences option
- Select Accounts option from flash list
- An accounts wizard is displayed in your front you need to click on + icon and afterwards select mail option
- Provide the credentials used in Thunderbird mail account and then select Add Account Option
- Till this step, the Gmail account is configured in Outlook
- Browse the mailboxes of stored MBOX messages from Thunderbird mail account
- All the MBOX messages are listed in Outlook.
All set with the manual method. So, now understand what other user needs to convey regarding the same error The Current operation on Drafts did not succeed and try finding something relevant.
“I have been working on Thunderbird since 3 years. Earlier, everything was smooth. I had set all the required parameters but now I feel like it is not worth. As, it is continuously showing an error The Current operation on Inbox did not succeed. I had an old mail account configured in hotmail and along with the hotmail server but it is showing no such folder INBOX. I can send the mails but unfortunately I am not able to receive any email. My all folders are missing. Can any anybody come to my rescue?”
So, are you in a problem? Want to resolve the error as soon as possible. So, just try solving the problem by reading between the lines mentioned below:
It might sound a bit awkward, but you need to degrade your Thunderbird Profile from the recent version. But even you need to turn off the automatic updates from your control panel.
And for degrading the Thunderbird profile follow steps jotted below to resolve The Current operation on Sent Items, Trash did not succeed:
1. Download the edition you want to install in your system but first uninstall the earlier one
2. Set up your entire profile into Thunderbird
3. Put your credentials like email id and password to it
4. Try sending mails and check your sent box and other folders if functioning properly
Note: It might be of no use as downloading an old Thunderbird edition does not create a genuine sense. It can happen again. So, users should prefer an automated solution to resolve the complete issue.
One of the finest tailor-made programs for such errors is the tool mentioned below . The tool has following set of attributes that makes it a wonder among all the approaches. So, have a look on the properties explained in the section underneath:
An Error Free Solution to Thunderbird Error :The Current operation on Inbox did not succeed
1. The tool transfers mails from desired MBOX files/folders
2. Provides Preview of the converted mails and attachments
3. Perform selective migration of the files.
4. Renders with option to generate mails in HTML with an ease
5. Save exported files in different file formats like PST/EML/MSG/NSF
The Final Take Away!
In maximum cases, users do not go by provided output but they want the desired output. Ultimately, the final thing is achievement of a goal i.e., customer satisfaction. In the current scenario, there are many approaches to export the MBOX files in Mac Operating Systems. So, buying a tool sounds useless but in Windows Arena is completely different. It is just because the manual approach gets limited in such case. So, the users need to switch to a professional tool as mentioned above. The tool is a proper setup for all the processes. The tool is capable of solving the Thunderbird error Current Operation on Inbox did not succeed to name a few. For further updates, users can stay connected to the software.