A Tutorial On Thunderbird Error : The Current Operation on Inbox Did not Succeed
Before going in depth of the entire topic let’s go through the main users concern.
“I have used Mozilla Thunderbird on many systems. I am so used to it that my world goes in deep shadow if anything happens to my Thunderbird Email. I am only comfortable with the menu. In last 1 month I have set many Thunderbird Email Profiles. But, it is continuously showing the Current Operation on Inbox did not succeed. Any leads shall be appreciated!”
“I have been working on Thunderbird since 3 years. Earlier, everything was smooth. I had set all the required parameters but now I feel like it is not worth. As, it is continuously showing an error The Current operation on Inbox did not succeed. I had an old mail account configured in hotmail and along with the hotmail server but it is showing no such folder INBOX. I can send the mails but unfortunately I am not able to receive any email. My all folders are missing. Can any anybody come to my rescue?”
So, if you want to resolve the complete issue, you can convert the MBOX files to PST and then access in any platform. Another approach is changing the mailing client and then opening it by a viewer. But, this method is not relevant as it is not a proper approach to resolve the error. To understand it briefly, let’s go through the proper solution described below.
Manual Solutions to Resolve Thunderbird Error : The Current Operation on Inbox, Draft, Sent, Trash Did not Succeed
#1 Repair the Thunderbird Mailbox Folder
Repair the folder if Thunderbird allows it.
- Right-click on the folder that you is giving you the error.
- Select Properties, then click Repair folder.
- Once done, restart Thunderbird.
#2 Delete MSF Files
- Go to Tools > Account Settings
- Click Server Settings
- Copy the path given in Local directory and open it in your system.
- Close Thunderbird.
- Look for files with .msf extensions.
- Delete them all
- Start Thunderbird and check if the Thunderbird error: The current operation on Inbox did not succeed is resolved or not.
#3 For Yahoo Accounts
If you are also getting “[CLIENTBUG] SELECT command is not valid in this state” response along with the Thunderbird error, then do the following:
- Open the Account Settings and go to Server Settings.
- Delete the @Yahoo.com.xx part of the username.
- Disregard the popup that appears and restart Thunderbird.
#4 Incompatible Add-ons
- Disable Add-ons one at a time and see if the error is resolved.
- Whichever add-on resolves the error, remove it upfront.
#5 Reconfigure Thunderbird accounts
For reconfiguring the Thunderbird version follow steps jotted below to resolve The Current operation on Sent Items, Trash did not succeed:
- Set up your entire profile into Thunderbird
- Put your credentials like email id and password to it
- Try sending mails and check your sent box and other folders if functioning properly
#6 Reinstall Thunderbird
Unistall and Reinstall Thunderbird if nothing works. You will need to reconfigure accounts as well. But this should get rid of all the errors.
All set with the manual methods to resolve The Current operation on Inbox, Drafts did not succeed and try finding something relevant for you.
There aren’t many solutions that can resolve this error other than the ones explained in this article. If the problem persists no matter what, then there is no other way than to migrate over to other email clients such as Outlook.
Resolve Other Thunderbird Errors:
- Error Writing Temporary File in Thunderbird
- Thunderbird Cannot Delete Messages
- Error Thunderbird Messages Are Empty
The tool to convert .mbox files into .pst in bulk has a vast set of attributes. This makes it a wonder among all the approaches to migrate over to the Outlook email client. So, have a look on the properties explained in the section underneath:
- The tool transfers mails from desired MBOX files/folders
- Provides Preview of the converted mails and attachments
- Perform selective migration of the files.
- Renders with option to generate mails in HTML with an ease
- Save exported files in different file formats like PST/EML/MSG/NSF/PDF
The Final Take Away!
In maximum cases, the final thing is achievement of a goal i.e., customer satisfaction. In the current scenario, there are many approaches to solve the Thunderbird error Current Operation on Inbox did not succeed. Errors are a thorn in one’s path of maintaining workflow. It hampers the productivity of the users. And by using the mentioned methods, one can resolve this error and regain the access to Thunderbird mailbox.