Summary: This write-up will guide you on how to export mailboxes to PST in Exchange 2010/2013/2016 by using the manual and professional solution described in this write-up.
Exchange Database File mailbox contains sensitive data and to safeguard all the EDB mailboxes data users export it into Outlook data file. This is the best way to keep the data protected, safe, and secure. It is good for security purposes also and users can move the mailbox data from one location to another easily.
To export Exchange mailboxes to PST in Exchange 2016/2013/2010 users can use the Exchange Management Shell as the manual solution and EDB Conversion Software provided by SysTools as the professional method, which export multiple Exchange database mailboxes to Outlook Data file simultaneously with no data loss.
How to Export Mailboxes to PST In Exchange 2010/2013/2016 Using Manual Method
Before using PowerShell command users have to provide permission to export the Exchange mailbox to PST file. In EAC or Exchange Management Shell there is no role allocate by default to export Microsoft EDB mailbox.
One has to assign Mailbox Import Export Role by using the command in PowerShell that is given below or it can also be done from the Exchange Admin Center.
New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role “Mailbox Import Export” –User “user name”
Example: New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role “Mailbox Import Export” –User Admin
Other than these users have to provide all permission to Exchange Trusted Subsystem security group in the shared folder.
Follow the Command to Export Mailbox to PST in Exchange 2010/2013/2016
New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox “Mailbox Name” -FilePath “UNC PATH”
This command help users to export Exchange user mailbox to PST in Exchange 2010/2013/2016 but other than this there are different mailboxes live archive, shared, etc.. To export these mailboxes follow the command given below:
How to Export Archive Mailbox to PST in Exchange 2010/2013/2016
New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox “mailbox name” -FilePath “UNC PATH” -IsArchive
The Exchange PowerShell cmdlet is given in the above section successfully exports the user, archive mailbox to PST file.
Problem Faced by Users in Manual Solution
- Manual procedure only export one Exchange database mailbox at a time
- Damged/Unhealthy/Corrupted EDB mailboxes doesn’t work properly during conversion
- User should have hand-on experience and technical knowledge while using ExchangePowerShell
- Only work with online Exchange mailboxes and does not export dismounted/offline Exchange database file to Outlook PST
- It is a very prolonged method and nowadays time is the most important thing. If there are mailboxes in bulk than users have to write the command again and again. So, this is a tedious job if users use the command to export mailboxes in bulk.
Note: What users can do is that they can use the professional solution to export Exchange database mailboxes in batch and also it provides the option to remove corruption and recover purged mailboxes and data items from the EDB file. Users can easily perform Exchange 2016 mailbox recovery along with other version of EDB mailbox in a hassle freeway.
Automated Wizard for How to Export Mailboxes to PST In Exchange 2010/2013/2016 from Offline EDB File
SysTools EDB Conversion Software is the professional tool that exports multiple Exchange mailboxes such as user, archive, shared, disconnected, legacy to PST, and other file formats (MSG, HTML, MBOX, PDF, EML ) in batch.
Users do not need to insert any command in this utility because it provides a graphical user interface, which makes the job easier and save their lots of time. You can easily export Exchange mailbox to PST file in a simplified way.
User can preview the Exchange mailbox items like contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, journals, etc.. and export emails from Microsoft Exchange. It also export othet mailbox items as well.
This software provide scan mode option (Quick and Advance scan) which remove any type of corruption i.e. Minor or major from EDB file. One can select the option according to the level of corrupted Exchange database file and the advance scan also recovers permanently deleted Exchange mailboxes or items from loaded offline/dismounted .edb file. This dual scan option also recover corrupt Exchange STM files.
One can export entire/selective MS Exchange mailbox or data items to multiple file formats. User can export Exchange contacts to PST Outlook and any other item without any interruption.
After exporting the Exchange data the tool auto-create the export report in CSV file which comprises of success and fail count of exported mailboxes or items.
Key Features Of Professional Software
- Supports public.edb and private.edb file
- Maintain folder hierarchy and keep metadata intact
- Extract Exchange EDB to PST along with other file formats
- Date filter option export Exchange data from a specific period of time
- Categories option export selective Microsoft EDB mailbox data items
- Provide remove encryption (SMIME/OpenPGP) option from Exchange Mailbox
- Suitable with all version of Exchange Server, MS Outlook, and Windows OS
Step by Step Method Of How to Export Mailboxes to PST In Exchange 2010/2013/2016 from Offline EDB
1: Download the automated tool > Install > Launch it
2: Select Add File > Load offline Exchange database file > Click Add
3: Preview MS Exchange mailbox items > Click Export
4: Select all Exchange mailboxes > Click PST > Select Browse button
5: Set the target file path > Click Export
6: Finally, all Exchange mailboxes are successfully exported to the Outlook data file
Note: If users want to avoid all the technicality and complexity of the manual solution to export the Exchange database mailbox to the Outlook PST file format in a simplified way. Then, for that users can use the Exchange Export Tool provided by SysTools which is capable to export the Exchange mailboxes such as: journal, hosted, corrupt, enabled, exclude dumpster, disabled, disconnected from the Live Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 to the Outlook data file in a hassle freeway without using any command.
Working Steps for How to Export Exchange Mailboxes to PST In Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
1. Download, Install & launch the automated software in your local system
2. Then, insert the Exchange credentials >> Select the Exchange Server version and click on the include sub-domain users >> Click on the hit button
3. Select the mailboxes that you want to export >> Click on the Next button
4. In the next window, select the mailbox data items >> Click on the given checkbox & select the browse button to set target file location >> Click on the export button
Bringing It All Together
This write-up provides detailed information on how to export mailboxes to PST in Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 using the manual and professional method. The manual approach helps users to export one mailbox at a time from the EDB file but if there are mailboxes in bulk users have to insert the command until all mailboxes are exported to the Outlook data file. So, it is recommended to use the professional approach here. It helps users to export single, selective, or multiple Exchange database mailbox in bulk to PST file from offline/dismounted Exchange database file or Live Exchange Server. Depending on the preferences users can select the solution and perform the conversion.